NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
August 29, 2014, 12:15:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unforeseen Invitation  (Read 5210 times)
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »

"Hmm?" Curious of the action Hawkye took, he followed him silently.. through the shadows. As they arrived at the hangar, Shade pretended to casually walk inside and only to catch up to Hawkye as he was just done hooking up the large tank.

"Ah.. I.. suppose it is a nice vehicle." Shade blinked for a second as he heard Hawkye's invitation to ride the craft, and then caught his intention. "I see.. well, it would probably not hurt if we took a short ride, would it.. though I'm a bit curious as to why you would trust me so easily after what happened barely half a year ago.. then again, what kind of action could I possibly take to harm you, right? Not that I have any intention to, ofcourse.."

It was a bit obvious Shade was.. cautious, and perhaps a tad nervous. He was about to enter the craft of the one who easily overwhelmed him half a year ago.. even if he got stronger due to Turbo's and his training, it would not be sufficient to defend against an attack from Hawkye, would it..? But.. Turbo seems to have respect for this man, and does not fear him at all, so why should Shade..?

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »

As soon as Shade was securely inside the cockpit of the Samus, the hatch closed and the VTOL system took them out of the Complex.

"Okay, you said you wanted to talk, let's talk. There's total privacy in here and you're getting to ride in style to boot."

It was true - although the Samus was clearly built for no more than two people, the passenger seat was hardly uncomfortable. There was plenty of leg room, the seat was quite comfortable, and there was a seperate set of climate controls, not to mention the food replicator.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 08:08:25 AM »

Shade sighed for a moment. He looked around.. and despite that he got a fancy ride, he still wasn't too sure what to think..

"..Well.. it's.. about.. you know, half a year ago?" He sighed once more. It wasn't exactly something he wanted to continue talking about. "I told you that I hadn't felt that other shadow for years.. but.." Shade looked away again..

"I've been feeling it being there a few times. I was so suprised the first time I accidentally took over Turbo and knocked over the cup of noodles he was eating by then. It was a whole mess and.. er.. completely irrelevant. Sorry. Either way.. Speedy.." Yet another loud sigh was heard from Shade.

"Speedy's sister, Sydney..? Not sure if you know her.. but she was around at the time. At the moment I felt the shadow's presence, she had just walked into the cafeteria we were in. And the moment she left, the presence was gone. I wasn't sure what to think of it back then.. and despite that she was right there in front of me, it was damned hard to pinpoint it.. maybe it's gotten weaker.. But that wasn't the last time. Every time I lay my eyes on her, I could sense that shadow.

There was this one time when she came into the training room when Turbo was there.. I had already told Turbo about my findings and had anticipated her coming in.. I immediately sensed the shadow.. and had Turbo 'accidentally' touch her with his sword. No cuts or anything, just the flat of the blade.

His Sanctuary blade. It had to be Turbo to do this, for if I did it, I would not be here today. As the flat of the blade hit her, the sword lighted up the room, filling it with healing energy. The one dual class blade Turbo has that has the element of Light.
"

Shade sat there in the back of his seat. He was rubbing his forehead, as if frustrated by something. And it showed on Turbo's face that he was.

"It disappeared that day, so I assumed that was the end of it.. but no. The next time she entered the room we were in, that presence had just returned.

I'm not sure about what I can do now. If it was still a simple shadow, it should've perished right then and there. I am the only one I know of that can fuse with a person. But.. I also know that this shadow should be a clone of myself. Who says that it has not gotten the same abilities.. and is just toying with me? ..I.. need to ask of you.. could you please..

Could you please find Sydney and rid her of this shadow?
"

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »

"Mmm. Wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not. I had that suspicion from the get-go, but now we have bigger problems."

Hawkye set the Samus on autopilot over Africa and looked at Shade in the rear-view mirror, folding his arms.

"You see, I very thoroughly scanned Sydney when I met her earlier today. There was no trace of a shadow to be found within her. At her request I visited the complex to scan Speedy. Because I had to be ridiculously subtle about it, it took a great deal longer, but the results were clear. The shadow is in him now."

Hawkye grabbed the controls again, setting a course for the Netherlands.

"Frankly I'm not sure what this other shadow is thinking. Only on the surface would such a host appear safe. Anyway, I've contacted Sydney and it's fairly easy for me to track her movements if you're concerned."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:04:47 PM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »

"..Are.. are you kidding me.." Shade's face had appeared next to Hawkye, as to look straight at him. In disbelief, he had to look at Hawkye's face himself. It couldn't be possible could it..

"..If this is true.. then.. dont have a 'huge problem', rather than simply bigger ones?" "If it's truly been within Speedy, it wouldn't have jumped to Sydney. Not.. for a good reason. Sydney doesnt have any special abilities.. If it's been within Speedy, it's had access to power.. Power it wouldn't give up. I myself wanted to attach myself to Speedy at some point, but as I was stuck to Turbo.."

Turbo sat forwards, learning near Hawkye, on the side opposite of Shade, who had seemingly seperated himself. "...Ofcourse.. if the shadows are still my father's creation, then he'd have a plan for them.. any one of them getting stuck to me.. it might've been his plan to get Shade locked in my berserk.. but.. a human.. someone without such a state.. the shadow wouldn't stay inside him because it's forced.. but because it wants to." "And if it's been attached to Speedy for this long.. not showing any trace at all.. who knows what it's capable of by now.."

"..Shade.. changed after you hit us with that light energy. I wasn't properly aware of it at first, but.. after that day, we noticed both our abilities had increased. It was easier to use darkness based abilities, and using the Sanctuary blade didn't tire me out as badly as it used to do.." "But what about a shadow that's been affected by light energy since day one?.. And at the same time getting affected by darkness energy.. Speedy has more on his plate than just the common elements.. we trained with him throwing elements at us.. the only time we've been hit by stronger light energy.. Well.. that would be half a year ago."

Turbo sat back again, and Shade went back into his body. "...And to think.. because we revealed everything to Speedy, that.. shadow may've learned of it's own abilities. May've learned better control.. If it didn't already know that. sh*t, it's been in Speedy while Speedy has been ACTIVELY USING LIGHT ENERGY. Who says that thing isn't unaffected by Light by now?!"

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2011, 05:28:25 AM »

"Relax. Yes it's a problem, maybe even a 'huge' one. Even so, it does us no good panicking over things we don't know for sure."

"Right, because you never do that."

Hawkye coughed. "Aaanyway. What I've heard is what makes Speedy appear to be a good host on the surface. Yeah, the shadow can learn things, maybe. I really don't fully understand how your...species? How your physiology works when you're not in 'dominant mode.' But what became absolutely clear is that you're most vulnerable when you're in control. When you're in 'dormant mode' you're essentially able to use the host as a shield. However, when you're in control it's like a turtle popping out of its shell."

Hawkye glanced up at the mirror and frowned when he noticed the two weren't separated anymore.

"Like for example, when I faced off against you, I activated my Light Form for the first time in an actual applied situation. Since I didn't want to kill you - you're welcome, by the way - I didn't do anything attack-based until I gauged your reaction. You were already done after I activated that form. Just to fully drive the point home: just standing next to me kicked your ass. Now I know that's an extreme example, but think about it. The shadow can't build up an defense to light like that. It's too risky, even if I actually believed that it would work, and it's not actually being exposed to it when its being dormant."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:30:27 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 05:03:45 AM »

"I think the shadows defy common sense and have their own logic. They should be only able to manipulate people's actions and take them over, following orders of whoever summoned them into existance."

Shade popped out of Turbo's shadow again. "I actually think we still have a certain amount of logic.. You describe us as having those abilities with 'people', but.. you completely forgot we were initially created for the inhabitants of YOUR PLANET. Who doesnt say we're SUPPOSED to have another effect on Earth's humans?"

Turbo blinked for a moment, and looked at Shade. "..You make a good point. Didn't Speedy mention one of the OHBI contestants back then went 'crazy' and wanted to bomb everything, until he too was exposed to light element" "Yes, and that other friend of yours, the darkness one? He didn't get manipulated, he got powered up of sorts.. his body is different from normal humans as well.."

"..So, if we are to assume shadows gain different effects depending on who they attach themselves to.. then.. we might not be able to venture any guess as to what ability the one attached to Speedy has.." "..On the contrary. I dare say it has a few abilities we're already familiar with. If only because I have those abilities.. You're not the same as everyone on your planet; and I only have half the abilities other shadows have. On the other side, I have different abilities to compliment to half I do I have. I dare say these different ones might be the ones the shadow attached to Speedy might have."

Turbo nodded, and then blinked out of suprise. "..Hang on, why would it have the same effect on Speedy? I might not be entirely the same as anyone on my planet, but.." Shade facepalmed for a moment. "I seriously cannot believe you hadn't figured this out yet."

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2011, 02:49:16 AM »

"I do know what I'm talking about y'know. I'm not just guessing on this stuff. I did fight and analyze Josh over here..."

Hawkye lost his train of thought at Turbo's last comment. He let go of the controls and hit the brakes. If the craft wasn't so graceful, it would have screeched to a halt, but as it was the effect was greatly diminished.

"Wait...Turbo? You mean to tell me you don't know this yourself? I just kind of shrugged it off like 'yeah, I've seen enough stuff to make this seem perfectly normal.' Man...I feel like I'm not sure if it's my place to tell you, but surely you've at least guessed by now...?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:02:37 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »

"..What?"

"...You.. even Hawkye.. Turbo, you're half-human. I know more details about you than you would ever recall, and everyone else probably knew because of that whole science stuff they do.. so you're 100% positive, absolutely half-human, half whatever the crap your planet's species call themselves." Turbo looked at Shade, and just cocked his head. "Half whatever the crap yo-" "You heard me. I'm so suprised I can't recall it properly right now." "..That sounds like a bad excuse."

Shade 'rolled his eyes', and then looked at Hawkye. "Do you perhaps know of a method to get myself attached to someone else, like.. someone with somewhat more intelligence?"

"Okay, now you're just being insulting. Okay, so I'm half human. And..?" "..That's your reaction? 'Okay, so I'm different, who cares'..? I thought it was some grand mystery in your life, the suprise at how things always go different for you, how you've basically been somewhat of an outcast since you couldn't use any psychic abilities..?" Turbo sighed. "Yeah, okay, I guess it's important to me and my history, as it explains alot in the past, but I'm used to being different by now.. and I find it a bit unimportant concerning the matter at hand."

Shade looked away from Turbo after the last comment, and kept silent.. he was right, wasn't he..?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:24:06 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »

"Do you perhaps know of a method to get myself attached to someone else, like.. someone with somewhat more intelligence?"

"Well yes, but you're not getting anywhere near me," Hawkye chuckled. "Anyway yeah, I think we have a bit more of a pressing current situation. If Speedy has a Shadow inside him - and he does - we need to extract it. I have no reason to believe that this other Shadow can live as harmoniously with Speedy as you do with Turbo. As far as I know, you're one-of-a-kind."

Hawkye realized he'd been hovering over the complex for a while now and started the landing sequence.

"So we need a plan, but I'm going to need to co-ordinate with Sydney. Meanwhile I need you two to be damage control. Make sure to let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »

"Whoo, I'm special." Shade said.. quite obviously faking enthusiasm.. causing Turbo to smack thin-air. "Anyway, yeah.. I think it's best if we just get back inside and go on doing what we've been thus far. Doing questionable tasks for Speedy and all that." "Sure, rub it in."

As the craft had landed, Turbo got outside after having Shade enter his body again.. "Well, that was a nice flight. More comfortable than I thought your craft would be. Perhaps we should do this more often.. it is not often that I get to travel in a proper ship, what with Turbo's crappy spacecraft."

Turbo mentally glared at Shade, but showed nothing on the outside; pretending to have not yet awoken. "Well, I do believe I'll head back inside. Were you still going to do something inside or are you going back home?"

<br />
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: