NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
July 29, 2014, 01:38:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
collapse
Affiliates:
None, currently.
BECOME AN AFFILIATE!

home
comics
projects
neorpz
fiction
music
collection
goodies
links

Sub-sites:
Hosted sites:
  • None, currently.
Need hosting?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Unforeseen Invitation  (Read 5051 times)
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »

"Well, the counterpoint of that is that I do go to other universes, but yeah."

Hawkye was rubbing his temple now as if he had a headache.

"There really aren't an infinite number of other universes anyway...do you mind if I get a glass of water?"

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

"No, go ahead. Just head into the kitchen there, should be a clean glass in one of the cupboards.. And water's either in a cooler.. or from the tap."

He pointed towards the kitchen door behind the nearby counter.

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »

Hawkye nodded and walked into the kitchen to pour a glass of water from the cooler. As he was drinking it, he communicted telepathically with the DTD.

<Yeah, so, that's annoying.>

<Can't disagree. So. Phase II?>

<Phase II,> Hawkye confirmed.

Less than a second later a pre-recorded message was transmitted to Sydney informing her of the scan results. Hawkye refilled his water and walked back out to Speedy, looking very much as if he hadn't had enough sleep.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »

"Found everything you needed?"

Speedy looked at Hawk as he asked it, and as there was both a glass and water in it, he figured Hawkye did..

"..You look kinda tired, isn't it like the middle of the day in the US? Sure, it's the middle of the night HERE, but still.."

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »

"It's been kind of a stressful day, to be honest."

Hawkye plunked himself back down across from Speedy.

"Sometimes things can't be solved by beating them into submission, as annoying as that is."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »

"Heh, I know what you mean. Hey, maybe you should just take a nap, you know I've got several rooms 'round the complex."

Speedy throws the half-eaten bag of chips on the counter without even getting up.

"I should probably get some sleep as well, quite honestly."

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »

"Yeah, maybe. Thanks."

Hawkye props his head up on his fist.

"You know, being a superhero can be a pain in the ass. Still, I wouldn't give it up for anything. People who whine about having superpowers should be slapped."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

"Heh, just thinking about things is all. Though, admit it. The superpowers are cool, but the fact that danger is inherently tied to it is.. annoying, to say the least."

Speedy shakes his head for a moment, and looks at Hawkye again.

"Sometimes I'd just wish I wouldn't have to waste time on the Random Monster of the Week trademarksymbol." He blinked for a moment, and then muttered something about 'already did that joke, crap.'

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 10:43:55 PM »

Hawkye laughed.

"That's the key difference between us, I guess. You're annoyed by it, I actively go searching for it. Besides, when was the last time you fought monsters weekly without actually going searching for them? Let's face it, you're kinda lukewarm about the whole superhero thing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »

"...Years? Probably.. I guess I kinda eased down on the superhero business after the whole OHBI thing, I guess.. I've been more researching than actually heading into the field."

Speedy shook his head. "And yet I keep..." He sighed for a moment. "I keep getting pulled into this.. nonsense. I know I am basically still attracting it because I'm still actively involved, yet sometimes I wonder if there's a sign on my back saying 'Hey look at me, I'm a target! Go pester me and my friends cause I'll totally be fun to mess with!'...

..Kinda makes me wonder why I have enemies nowadays... Well, YOU may have moved beyond the why, but I'm still stuck on it.
"

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2011, 01:44:26 AM »

"Well, it's really pretty unusual to get attacked on my home turf anymore. I'm a pretty strong deterrent to most troublemakers. Though there are still...a few...who are foolish enough to try. Never ends well for them though, funnily enough."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »

"You know, that reminds me.." Speedy sat back in his chair, facing Hawkye.

"Didnt you once mention having your own all-purpose jail? Where the heck are you hiding that? I dont exactly see a simple place you can store building-sized monstrosities.."

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:39 AM »

Hawkye smirked.

"I'm sure I implied that at some point, yeah...that and the "me" in the simulation implied it too. Honestly, I figured you of all people would have guessed the answer to that. To be perfectly honest with you though, I'd rather tell you about that when you're more awake."

I'm not sure how much longer I can stall...and these questions are getting suspicious.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:43:06 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »

"Heh, after the work you've done to help me get Crossroads up, I wouldn't be suprised if you yourself would be simply using a pocket dimension for that purpose."

"Either way.." He got up from the chair and moved towards the door. "I'm going to hit the hay for a bit. You're welcome to stay, though I assume you'd rather head home and head into your own comfy bed, hm? Well, 'tis up to you. You know the way out." He waved his hand to indicate.. well, something. It wasn't that obvious what he meant by it, and considering the fact he was kinda tired he himself probably had no idea what he was trying to convey.

As he walked to the door, it opened automatically. "Welp, see ya later." And he moved out of the doorframe, disappearing from Hawkye's line of sight.

"Say.. ah.. I must admit I'm a bit cautious, but..could I perhaps have a word with you? If you're.. not tired from your day, that is. I.. happened to overhear some of the conversation, my apologies." A voice pretty much came from nowhere, but even so, Hawkye would most likely recognize it. A shadowy figure stepped out from the kitchen, and into open sight.

"I.. kind of wanted to speak to you in private. I waited a few rooms nearby, keeping my energy output low, as I would prefer Speedy to not find out about this. I.. I'm worried about something. And I'm not sure if I can talk to Speedy.. lately he's just been giving me minor assignments, and.. quite honestly, I feel the need to actually do them, considering my..ah.. mistake. I suppose you could say it is a feeling.. of guilt of some sort.."

Turbo looked straight at Hawkye as he stood in the doorframe of the kitchen, though from the darkness surrounding his body, as well as the fact his eyes were slightly glowing purple, it was somewhat obvious that Shade was the one standing there. "I once overheard Speedy mention that these rooms in fact dont have any security detail, something about 'people having the right to damn well eat what they please in private', to quote him.."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:06:30 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »

Hawkye waves back to Speedy before leaning back in his chair. He didn't seem surprised when Shade started talking. He stood up, nodded, and motioned for Shade to follow him.

"Let me show you my ship," he said.

Hawkye navigated his way back to the Samus, picking up and bringing along the tank of Deuterium via telekinesis. He then hooked the deuterium tank up to the fuel tank to refill and began making small talk with Shade.

"So what do you think? Nicest craft in the known Omniverse if I do say so myself. If you want, I'll let you ride with me for a while."

Hawkye finally looked up at Shade, hoping he'd take the hint.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: