NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 01, 2014, 08:37:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Combat Simulator 2  (Read 6155 times)
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« on: December 30, 2010, 03:27:23 AM »

It is a new day, and someone arrives early to set the combat simulator before anyone else gets there.  A very pale man with black hair and red eyes begins changing the scenery settings to a miniature mock-up of Tokyo.  After a few minutes, he begins creating his character: a blatant knockoff of Godzilla.  Soon enough, "Gawd Xilla" begins destroying Tokyo, a slightly twisted grin spread across its player's face.

---

[OOC]Welcome to the combat simulator, where you can experiment with different character types.  You can choose to make them however you like.  And don't worry about them dying: there are plenty of extra lives for everyone.  Characters can be made however you want, and can be changed whenever you wish, although doing so removes them from combat. 

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »

(OOC: Glad to see some new stuffs around here...it also reminds me that I need to fish or cut bait with my own stuffs. >.> Also, about the changing characters removes them from combat - is that similar to how changing classes causes instant death and then spawns on the next round in some games? I'll post IC tomorrow pending your response.)

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »

[OOC]Kind of.  You can withdraw your character from combat and create a new one, or modify an existing one, but you can't re-enter combat in the same post.  That said, you don't have to wait for everyone else (or even anyone else) to post again before your next post.  Once someone else has posted, you can post again.  And if it's the next day, you can post again, whether or not anyone has posted between your last post and your new one.[/OOC]

killerboy666
Members

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 05:17:50 AM »

Another player joins in, seeing the earlier one smiling and raging over Tokyo. He starts to laugh, and feels like he's seeing the same old stupid tv-show he saw years ago.

He starts to create his character as well, a giant dragon without legs and with pointy helmet-like face, his arms figuring into big blades with narrow ends... the player puts up a smile, and "Slivernia" rages into Gawd Xilla, pushes him over and expects a challenge.

[OOC] am I doing this right or...? I'm pretty new to RP's... the only thing I did so far was LARP'ing[/OOC]

I bring death upon people... that bring death upon others...

I'm low I know, but it's the easiest way to pick a target.
Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:40:46 PM »

[OOC]You're doing fine.  However, be sure to keep an eye out for things like this...[/OOC]

Unfortunately, when the pale man set things up, he chose to scale Tokyo down instead of scaling his character up.  Meaning that instead of being a similar size to Gawd Xilla, Slivernia completely dwarfs it.  As such, a simple push sends Gawd Xilla tumbling out of control.  Coming to a stop at the other side of a now destroyed miniature skyscraper, Gawd Xilla returns fire by blasting an acidic, glowing liquid out of its mouth with all the force of a water cannon.  Which, while looking a lot like Godzilla's atomic breath attack, is really made for opponents of a similar size to itself.  Incapacitating burns to a human-sized opponent won't do much to a dragon-sized one.

[OOC]Once Gawd Xilla dies, expect his player to resize him appropriately.  So feel free to just stomp him if you want.[/OOC]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:43:23 PM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 03:53:57 AM »

(OOC: So much for posting "the next day," sorry about that. Was out of town.)

An older man in positively anachronistic clothing steps into a holosuite designed mainly for training excercises and begins fiddling with the controls.

"Och, how did Hawkye say this worked again? Aha, what's this?"

On the display it said "Last Run Program: Battle Simulator"

"Aha! This sounds like it. Now then, I hope I'm doing this right...I'd swear this was magic if I didn't know better..."

Gingerly typing on the onscreen pad, he entered "Krue Saeder" in the Name field. Soon after, the scaled-down Tokyo appeared around him.

"Good Lord, this looks so real. I hope my skills work properly here."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

killerboy666
Members

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 06:59:50 AM »

suprised by the acid, Slivernia quickly takes a hike and runs to the miniature streets, climbs up a building, and does what it does best... Being a parasite. he jumps for Gawd Xilla, and penetrates it's back with it's blade-like arms. with the small pointy teeth under the helmet-like face, he keeps itself in place and starts to control Gawd Xilla. Having all it's fun in the world, it destroys a complete neighbourhood with Gawd Xilla -compared to his- giant body.

[OOC] Oh, yeh... Slivers are parasites [/OOC]

Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 07:56:48 AM »

((Wait, so Slivernia can make himself smaller? Cause when he started he was huge compared to Gawd Xilla, and now it's suddenly the other way around? P_P;..))

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
killerboy666
Members

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »

((read Hyp3rB14d3's 2nd part))

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

[OOC]Yeah, I kind of gave him permission to just stomp Gawd Xilla.  I think he took that part for granted instead of repeating it and is now controlling the giant Gawd Xilla.  If that isn't the case, let me know and I'll edit this post appropriately.[OOC]

The pale man looks annoyed.  First he was simply stomped, and now his character has been possessed by the same monster that did the stomping.  Unable to free his character of the other character's control, he stands up, abandoning his console.  And then immediately sits down at the station next to it.  Quickly, he begins creating a new character: an Evangelion look-alike with a moveset closer to GaoGaiGar.

[OOC]Expect a spinning rocket fist, drill knees, a protective barrier wall, a lightning grab thingy that kind of works like extremely short-range telekinesis, and a shining finger-esque double spearhand to the chest (with superheated fingers, for those not familiar with the shining finger attack).

Also, keep in mind that it won't actually enter the level until my next post.[OOC]

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:49:09 PM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:10:36 PM »

(OOC: I forgot to enter a physical description of Krue...I'm slipping. Krue is a Scottish Highlander Cleric from the Dark Ages. Here, have a picture.)

Krue surveys the ensuing infestation and nods to himself.

"Aye, that looks like just the sort of creature that could use some divine retribution."

Saying a quick battle prayer, Krue raises one hand to the sky and a mass of lightning-style bolts rain down on Slivernia.

(OOC: while the bolts are lightning-like in appearance, they are actually "elementally" Holy.)

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 04:46:30 AM »

[OOC]I'm waiting for Killerboy to post to either verify or correct my understanding of what's going on.[/OOC]

killerboy666
Members

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »

[OOC] sorry, been kinda off lately. I understand the situation [/OOC]

Gawd Xilla, still controlled by Slivernia, slowly starts to desolve since the player left the seat. with the last bit of power Gawd Xilla smacks into the Evangelion and disappears completely. Slivernia crashes into some small buildings but doesn't get too hurt, though it's disorrientated

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

[OOC]Ack!  The new character wasn't in the game yet.  Also, I had my guy leave his seat instead of withdrawing Gawd Xilla and recreating him so that you wouldn't lose control of the giant monster.  For the record, when my characters arrive, I'll usually post either a description or a link to a description unless everyone in the RP knows how my character looks, and even then I'll include a description of their arrival so that everyone knows they're there.[/OOC]

[OOC]Or a picture.  Those work too.[/OOC]

In the middle of the city, a large robotic...thing appears.  It is completely covered in armor, with fins on its arms, feet, and head.  A row of spikes line its back.  Drills extend from its knees, and two large pylons sit on its shoulders.  In the center of its chest, a large red sphere sits, crisscrossed with what look like metal ribs.  With a vaguely dinosaur-like head, it has a fairly intimidating visage.  And stands at roughly chest height to Gawd Xilla.  Evangar has entered the field.

The thing looks a lot like an Evangelion Unit.  Notably missing, however, is the extension cord used to power the aforementioned giant robots.  In the corner of the screen, a timer pops up, starting at 5 minutes and counting down.  "Aw crap," says the man with the black hair.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:59:44 PM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »

Krue observes the creature he smote crash, and notes that it's still mostly intact.

"Well, now. Ye're a resilient one, aren't ye?"

The appearance of the large mech distracted Krue from Slivernia.

"What in the world is THAT? A metal dragon? It's certainly not like anything I've ever seen!"

Krue retreats behind one of the mostly-intact buildings and waits to see if the two larger creatures will notice each other before they notice him.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: