NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
August 20, 2014, 07:39:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena 8 - Gravital Dome (Bracket Two)  (Read 4011 times)
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »

The wall's thicker. Ngh. No time to worry about it. Vega thinks he understands Speedy now... He thinks Speedy's likely to come after him directly, head-on.

"Ha..."

The process of decision moves quickly. Less than a fraction of an instant. The air collects around Vega and spirals around itself to lock it into a distinct path...The electrons cascade to the edges, and the positive charges flow in an opposite-direction helix..

"Me...."

Then, suddenly... BAM.

There is a sonic boom, or at least a hefty crack, as Vega suddenly disappears and reappears 125 metres from one of the walls, falling fast towards it- Yes, it was the one he pushed off of before he was flying. Just before he hits it, he bellows:

"HAAA!"

as the collected air ignites into a stream of braided plasma, rocketing out from where Vega was standing in two directions, both in front of him and behind.

The plasma rockets at the speed of light and strikes both walls. Vega slams his hand against the ground, ready to manipulate the wall on whichever side Speedy DOESN'T try to defend first, to hollow it out so the plasma can cut through.

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »

Speedy's thought-process was near-instantaneous too due to his current state- just Vega doing some sort of technique that obvious had effect on the surroundings had Speedy change direction to where he was about to appear. Both his scanners and his innate sense allowed him to calculate this position...

And as the two 'plasma rockets' were fired, two fast balls of energy shot out of Speedy's state, hitting the floor at nearly the same time as the plasma rockets.. strenghtening the floor and thus minimizing the damage to it as Speedy is still flying at Vega.. the energy spread in the floor was enough to self-sustain itself for a short while, despite that the plasma streams were hitting it full on..

but despite all that Speedy was.. subtly slowing down..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:17:22 PM by Speedy » Logged

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »

Vega growls lowly as the plasma beams finally dissipate. Running out of options. Speedy's clearly gone Super Saiyajinn over there. And Vega's running out of ideas. Just how strong IS this guy?

Alright, that's it. Time to do something desperate.

Vega claps his hands against the wall behind him- thinned by the explosion, though not as thin as Speedy's drained area. He extends his mind, finds the electrons, and...

There is a sudden clean plasma cut as an area of the wall, starting at three metres away from Vega's body, is severed from the rest. And then it rockets forward at railgun velocity, wavering back and forth to spill speed as it flies across the dome.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »

Once more going over his energy left... Speedy deduces he can either spend enough to blow the both of them to kingdom come with a single full-powered Elemental Combine.. or three half-powered ones... The extra energy he has kept in store is.. still good, but dwindling.

His opponent trying to yet another move was expected, but the move that was done; not at all. Getting distracted by the chunk of wall heading in his direction, Speedy stopped dead in his tracks and near-instantly calculated the possible paths it could take- it swaying back and forth like a leaf in the wind making it rather hard, as the paths it could take increased dramatically..

And this made Speedy notice there's a bleeding hole in the wall. And the vacuum on the outside of the arena was rapidly taking out all of the oxygen, the systems that refreshed it soon came to a grinding halt. '..Just friggin great.' "I hope you dont need oxygen. A vacuum like that disables the systems, and there'll be pretty much nothing to breath in a matter of seconds." Though the whole air-sucking-out may have distorted his speech..

Although nigh-impossible to see in Speedy's current state, his mouthguard popped up.. though Speedy's current state also allowed him to go without oxygen, so it wasn't exactly a problem... and then Speedy flew backwards, away from the oncoming wall flying in his direction.. and away from the gaping hole in the wall.. the insane speed of the air slightly increased the difficulty to do so, but Speedy controlled the air around him to make it easier to move in- let alone that it already WAS easier because of his energy-like state.

((This has been a post made after several moments of forgetting this topic existed as well as several discussions with the opponent to get it right. Obviously, I suck. Oh well. At least it was 8 days BEFORE the time limit, as opposed to after.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 02:21:56 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »

The wall slams into the wall on the opposite side of the dome, and magnetizes itself there... Vega folds his legs underneath him and sits in the lotus position, in the exact middle between the wall pieces. The new construction is airtight... He still breathes slowly, though. When he exhales, he follows the molecules as they leave his mouth and splits the carbon from the oxygen... He spreads the carbon around the wall, constructing it into a diamond latticework, and continues breathing.

He can't hear Speedy out there, but it's definitely Speedy's move. Vega could stay in here for a long, long time.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

'Son of a.. Where'd he go?... Scanner.. There'd he go.. Diamond? Are you friggin' KIDDING me?!'

After getting his bearings, Speedy obviously went looking for his opponent. And found him in quite the situation. A quick mental 'screw this' muttered, and Speedy 'landed' on the wallpiece.. gravity failing to switch, Speedy assumed those systems to be down as well..

And from this moment, Speedy touched the wall with his hands.. from which the wall itself started to slowly break down into small pieces, which were immediately sucked away towards the huge gaping hole.. Speedy already had plans for the diamond, but assuming the construction.. it would probably not be enough to keep air inside once the rest of the outside was gone. Though he expected his opponent to find a way anyway.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:27:07 PM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »

The air remains inside the diamond latticework, which is becoming more and more thick by the second... One could take it to mean that Vega's latticework is sufficiently airtight, or that it is magnetized to the wall properly to prevent leakage, but the simple fact of the matter is likely that Vega just doesn't play by reality's rules. Or at least that if he does, Reality's playing at a severe penalty.

Vega can SEE through the latticework that the bits of wall are being stripped away... And that's fine by him. As they fly towards the colossal hull breach, he magnetizes them together, and keeps them in place in the middle of the maelstrom of wind... The wind whips around it, but does not move it directly.... More and more pieces are torn off and magnetize to it... And Vega begins generating currents of electricity to magnetize the air around them into gaussgun rails.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »

And the wall broke away, creating a massive hole in the outer layer. The only thing left between Vega and Speedy would be the diamond latticework.

Speedy puts his hands straight at the latticework, originally intending to cut through it by creating a laser.. but he got a different idea as he thought about how to correctly do a laser.

His entire body glowing a bright orange-ish red, his hands started creating a massive amount of heat, sharply raising the temperature in not only the surrounding area, but also raising the amount of heat in the diamond- Temperature coming close to 500 degrees Celcius. (932 Fahrenheit.)

Speedy himself wasn't bothered by the heat- his current state allowed him to simply not sense it nor be troubled by it, though he was losing energy fast because of him using his weakest element.

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »

The heat would likely have been a good tactic if not for the fact that Vega is very, VERY focused, and the fact that there's not a particularly large area for him to focus on. The heat fails to transfer to the inner layers of the diamond through contact and, after a few seconds, the temperature transfers only along the outermost layer of the diamond, the thermal radiation of Speedy's attack failing to excite the electrons of the diamond to heat it. Inside, the air starts moving rapidly, resisting convection effects... Vega is consciously controlling the electrical valence levels. He's getting a little short of breath, because this means he's not just guiding the oxygen into his lungs... He can keep this up, this focus on not letting heat transfer, but he can't do it forever.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2010, 07:10:41 PM »

Realizing his attempt to heat up the insides of the diamond aren't.. effective enough, he decides to do it slightly different. Taking one hand off of the diamond and holding it straight backwards..

A small, warmish breeze came from his hand, expulsing every last bit of cold that he can transfer from the diamond- increasing the heat on the diamond itself.. and slowly, but surely, the remaining walls/floors/ceilings start showing off signs of.. powder coming from it.. the obvious concrete parts in the substance that the walls are made of are drying up- only slightly however, as the surroundings weren't quite hot enough to actually destroy it. His hand he had holding out straight backwards was literally blowing out heat rather than only a warmish-breeze by now.

Had Speedy not been in this energy form, he wouldn't have stand the heat, let alone been able to transfer all of this. His body had been glowing a bright red since he had placed his hands on the diamond- now, he was nearly white. 'Can't.. take this much longer..'
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:12:30 PM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »

And the final pieces of wall torn from the diamond structure, glowing white-hot from their proximity to the blinding heat Speedy is emitting, finally crash into the growing ball of wall pieces hovering in front of the hole to the hard vacuum outside. Vega closes his eyes.

This is going to suck.

The ball of wall pieces crumples into a more spherical shape, magnetizes together, and then is railgunned down the gaussian rails that Vega generated from the moving particles... It flies directly towards Speedy and, through him, the diamond latticework that Vega is now touching with one hand. He hyperventilates to get more carbon attached to it as fast as he can....

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »

What options did Speedy have at this moment? His katana was teleported away some time ago, as it was useless in the current situation. The Sun Globe, already dissipated from both the lack of air and effort to maintain it.. And currently focused on such an extreme temperature, it is nigh impossible to just switch over to another element like that... or is it?

The almost glowing white Speedy emanated started to diminish, but didn't vanish completely. The heat he was releasing through his hands was still present; though nothing was actively released, his hands were actually still giving off extreme heat...

Being the mostly-electric elemental as he was, Vega's actions had not gone unnoticed... but were still mostly ignored. It did not come as a suprise to Speedy when ball shot at him.. at Vega.. and for some reason, only one idea came to mind.. and it's excessively dangerous.. and stupid. And he was gonna do it.

'..Wellp, Crossroads.. I wonder what it feels like, to die in a crazy way like this..' he thought to himself..

Using the hand that was still aimed outwards, he shot off a ball of electrical energy using the same rail  - which, at impact, would release a powerful EMP.. the rest of his body, was effectively shaping into a long spear, and once the EMP hit the mass, Speedy launched... himself.

The EMP removes the magnetic force.. which had thusfar already increased the velocity of the mass that it was pretty much useless- Speedy himself shoots RIGHT THROUGH the mass.. not exactly as planned, as he wanted to SHATTER the mass.. but being alive is kind of a relief.. and slows himself down before being launched off into the gaping hole.

He turns around towards the mass and Vega, and wonders what'll happen next- he's too far from both of them to do anything other than see what's happening, while he slowly cools off.. extremely slow, ofcourse, as the area inside the dome was still extremely hot... including what remained of the outer layer of the diamond structure.

<br />
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: