NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
April 19, 2014, 12:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
collapse
Affiliates:
None, currently.
BECOME AN AFFILIATE!

home
comics
projects
neorpz
fiction
music
collection
goodies
links

Sub-sites:
Hosted sites:
  • None, currently.
Need hosting?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena 8 - Gravital Dome (Bracket Two)  (Read 3584 times)
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »

Vega keeps moving forward, the exploded lightning shockwave illuminating his face to show a manic grin. He reaches out his hand as Speedy twists to land.... And PULLS at the air. Suddenly, a cushion of air between Speedy's feet and the ground is electrostatically aligned, and is repelling him from the ground. Each electron spins and arcs just in time to repel one of the ones in Speedy's feet. There's no WAY he can get traction, if he even has the flight ability to get to the ground. Vega keeps moving forward towards him, as if not bound by gravity in the first place.

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 08:32:46 AM »

Noticing the force keeping him from the floor, Speedy only pushes more at it, while grabbing hold of his katana.

Smirking, he suddenly flies towards Vega, using the force of the repel to increase his speed.. his sword again sparking slightly.. but this time, it almost seemed as if there other hues of colors were slightly shining off of the blade..

"Elemental Combine SLASH!"

And he slashes, creating a shockwave of elements TWICE the size of the last in both height and width.. but the greatest difference is that it's not just giving off yellow glows signifying electricity- it also glowed several other hues, betraying the fact that it is charged with Speedy's other elements as well.

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »

"Yuh-oh."

The electromagnetic repulsion ring dissipates quickly, and Vega starts falling away from the oncoming multi-elemental attack. He falls straight, occasionally slowing down briefly from friction on the air... He solidifies little patches of it with electromagnetism, and drags against it, so that when he finally DOES hit the ground, knees bent to absorb impact, it's not at a velocity that'd break his shins.

Vega crouches and crosses his arms above his head. He starts aligning electrons again.... a layer of the ground beneath him folds up into something that looks like the outer edges of a crater, with him in the caldera. The metal only extends to about waist level, and seems to be about two inches thick, with the ground surrounding it suddenly a deep and empty moat. His top half seems uncovered, but he forms another air wall around himself... one that's as hard as a several-foot-thick steel wall, but that doesn't have its distressing tendency to melt or to break at weak points... It is cylindrical in shape and comes to a point a few feet above his head, like an airplane cockpit, so that the attack will hopefully strike it and part around him dynamically.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:29 AM »

Still retaining the previous smirk he had, Speedy held out the katana, and as he did, the energy movement just halted in mid-air.. and then suddenly shot towards the katana, disappearing entirely in it.

"Never did tell you it could store energy, now, did I?"

The sword now charging with the very energy it had released a moment ago, Speedy flies straight at Vega, determined to use both the speed he has as well as the large amount of energy in the blade to pierce the defense that his opponent had built.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:09:27 PM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »

Vega solidifies a quick wall, about three times Speedy's size, a few inches in front of him. It'll dissipate after a few seconds, but Speedy's very likely moving too fast not to hit it before that. Unless of course it occurs to him to dodge it.... But even that might be hard, as it forms AROUND his outstretched arm and katana, leaving a hole just for them so they don't impede MOST of his mass from striking the wall.

The crater formation opens slightly on one side, to allow Vega an escape route for when he gets a chance.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »

Sensing the impending energy, Speedy manipulates the air around him to increase his speed.. 'What with his manipulation ability, I figure this might help..' and releases an electromagnetic pulse.

His idea succeeds, and Speedy waltzes right through, except with somewhat increased speed as he's still manipulating the air around him.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:00:26 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »

There isn't even enough time for a "Ngaaah" as Vega's head suddenly throbs and the electron levels jump- Speedy's coming in too fast. Both walls of air are suddenly gone, and even though Vega can still see where the electrons around him are, he doesn't have time to make a new one. What he does instead, halfway through the "Ngaaah," is slam his hand against the side of the crater and flip over it onto the shallowed ground, tearing the crater piece off the wall and hurling it. Am I fast enough to hold my own once he gets here, to dodge what he does? The only other option is going DOWN out of the wall into hard vaccuum...

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »

Seeing Vega's movement, Speedy manipulates the air surrounding him to bend his path- losing only a small bit of momentum, Speedy heads straight for Vega now.

Slowed once more as he cuts through the piece hurled in his direction.. he effectively.. and NEATLY lands right next to Vega.

At which point he puts his sword near his opponent's neck... still crackling with the same energy as a moment ago, despite that it cut through the floor piece just now.

"I told Turbo to give his opponent the chance to surrender. I'd be a hypocrite to not do the same."

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »

Vega goes wide-eyed as his momentum is drawn off, Speedy lands, and the sword is moved.... Quickly, as the sword moves up to his neck, he electrically saturates the air and the ground... and desaturates his body. Finally, the sword is up to his neck, crackling, and Speedy offers him the chance to surrender.

"...heregoesnothing."

The air around him holds charge to the level of a superconductor. So does he. Vega suddenly shoots backwards at a speed of 8562 km/h, a loud sonic boom emanating from his point of departure, a trail of superheated plasma emanating from his path and expanding towards Speedy as he flies, the air suddenly boiling around it. Screaming- Though he's moving so fast he can't hear the scream- he tries desperately to arrest his momentum, with electrical repulsion, the increase of air friction and finally, desperately, the THWACK of his trenchcoat, which springs from the ground as he passes it, wraps around him, and sloooooooows him enough for him to make his way into the center of the dome and bleed off the rest of his speed in a rapid spiral.

Finally, he hits a wall 160 degrees away from where he left Speedy, rolls sideways, and stops, laying on his back. Most of the air in the dome has been heated up by his plasma trail. He twitches slightly and puts up another electrical "Wall" to give him time to stand up.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »

Sensing the Guass shot as it happens and not quite interested in getting his EVERYTHING burned, Speedy covers himself in a layer of fire energy, and uses it to 'catch' the flames going for him- sending him backwards as the force of the plasma is great enough to lift Speedy off his feet and to launch him several meters backwards.

As it subsides, Speedy turns towards his opponent, seeing him slow down..

And ofcourse, Speedy wouldn't be Speedy if he didn't go straight for his opponent. Katana still crackling with energy, he slashed at his opponent who's still getting up- suspecting him to attempt a similar move.. and obviously sending out the same large 'shockwave' of multicolored energy, while still heading for his opponent himself.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:25:28 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »

The air takes on a glassy sheen as it is forced electromagnetically to collect around Speedy's blade in a vortex pattern. A tornado around the sword. It isn't much of a defense, but Vega uses the split second it gives him to roll out of the way... Then repel sideways into the air, FAST, trying to avoid the shockwave.

Okay, Vega, tactics. He's got energy attacks we can't quite effect. He knows he can EMP our electrical constructs.

He flips midair to his feet, stops, and breathes in deeply... using electrical powers to guide LOTS of oxygen into his lungs at once. This starts to get his heart rate to slow down... He hovers. That's probably the most he can get done before Speedy catches up.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »

Sensing the same properties of the earlier 'wall', Speedy releases a small EMP, releasing his sword.

Despite that he pull the Elemental Combine slash back into his sword again, he lands on the floor gently and looks at his opponent.

'If it's like this, I'll eventually end up without energy. Looking at how he's responding, he might be starting to get tired.. There's too much variables in this situation to tell how it'll end. If anything, his 'walls' are EMP-able and it doesn't seem like he has the ability to withstand the Elemental Combine. It might be the best thing to bet on.'

Sword once more crackling with energy, Speedy starts a dash towards Vega, holding his sword stretched.

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »

Sensing the EMP charging, Vega creates a quick squall of electrons to protect the group that's keeping him hovering. Then he looks down as Speedy starts moving towards him.

... That looks like that same attack again... Aha. He thinks he's found a weakness he can exploit. Okay.

Vega leans backwards and dissipates the electromagnetic charge keeping him afloat. He backflips through the air, to dodge out of the way of Speedy's attack... And then points both arms out. When he's facing Speedy again, he creates ionized walls ouf ot the air, collevts oxygen, and electrically ignites them... thus sending a surging bolt of plasma flying at Speedy.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »

"Figured you'd pay attention. However.. not good enough." Speedy says, while flying straight through the plasma.. "THE OLDEST TRICK IN MY BOOK ATTACK!" and right through Vega as well.. doing absolutely nothing.

Before appearing behind Vega and doing the Elemental Combine Slash at his back. "Appearing right behind you through superspeed!"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:32:06 PM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »

"What the- Agh!" Speedy flies up at him through the plasma, and Vega quickly alters the air above him to push him back down... so that when the ACTUAL attack is occurring, right around when Vega starts to think Why would he have dodged my plasma trail earlier if he could just fly through it? and also Hey, what's that behind me?, he's already halfway down the path of the incoming attack. And then he REALLY redoubles his efforts and shoots quickly downwards, both repelling and attracting his body out of the way. The dodge is NARROW... His shoe is only about an inch out of the way when he finally makes it down. The bottom inch of his trenchcoat, which is tied around his waist and dangling down, is actually HIT.

Vega continues to plummet groundwards, eyes now closed. Won't be fooled by THAT one again. He reaches back into a pocket to take out what seems like a comically oversized toothpaste tube.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: