NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 20, 2014, 01:00:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena 8 - Gravital Dome (Bracket Two)  (Read 4189 times)
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »

"Eh, nothing brute force can't handle. But say... and just say.. what if electricity is NOT your only enemy? I still have a sword, obviously.. and you just saw me flying."

Somewhat stalling for time, the fire energy nears Speedy's opponent as he speaks.

"Though, electrons eh. I suppose those are in alot of things. I guess that is quite a large point of control. Any other skills I should know about?"

At this point, the fire energy was right in front of Vega.

"Like control over FIRE?"

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »

... It strikes me that the atoms that make up your sword and katana are held together in molecules by the bonds of their electron valence levels, meaning I could dissolve them with a thought.

Vega smiles, not saying it... Instead, he notes "Not control as such. But I can mess with a lot of chemical reactions, and fire's really no different."

... He's stalling. And more than that, he's asking me about my abilities as if he expects me to respond in full. That thing about fire isn't just chatter... It's a warning.

The air around him begins to toughen, and a bubble of electromagnetic repulsion forms... and begins to spin. Any fire that struck it would be blown as if trapped in a cyclone.

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »

"Quite good. An opponent who knows what he is doing, and who is actually listening."

The fire energy in front of Vega comes together and flares up in a large flame, which is immediately blown apart due to the shield surrounding him.

"However, I'm still quite sure there are things even you cannot pick apart. Heh.. as I mentioned before, I'm quite limited at what I can do thanks to this arena.. but that doesn't mean I cannot actually do anything."

Speedy starts dashing at his opponent, carrying his katana in his right hand. As he moves, the sword seems to glint in the light, and small drops of water fly off..

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »

The spinning shield of magnetized air widens, but a large dent in it forms around Vega's outstretched hand. His attacks are big... flashy... Let him think your attacks are big and flashy. A thin line of air between Vega and the sword magnetizes and sends a line of lightning to his hand, and a much BIGGER bolt of lightning travels back along it between him and the sword...

Shooting lightning at Speedy? No, Vega doesn't expect that to work... what it is is misdirection... the water dripping from the sword begins to split into hydrogen and oxygen, fizzing almost imperceptibly in a way that could be easily ignored as a result of the lightning bolt.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »

Speedy merely smirked at this moment though. 'I suppose he doesn't know my katana is linked with me. I dont know his plan, but he definately didn't attack me just now. I guess I'm disadvantaged right now because I have no clue what he is up to.. however..'

The water that was on the sword was meltwater- from the thin layer of ice coating the sword- and as Speedy neared his opponent, the ice suddenly materialized around the sword like a big spike almost as if the katana itself had changed into a lance of ice.

"Suprise!" And he swings the 'lance' at Vega, sending out a large shockwave of ice energy, which would instantly freeze anything, and the ice spike on the sword itself followed. 'Ice energy followed by actual ice. Lets see what he'll do to that. Meanwhile..'

Jumping up after he swung his sword, and arc'd over Vega, landing FAR behind him.

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »

Vega smiles.

He twists his hand, and the hydrogen from the split water molecules (the water from the sword in addition to some already present in the air) accumulates, and a cackle of electricity zaps through the physical spike. Which then explodes into shards. The shrapnel from the spike quickly evaporates... and Vega snaps his fingers.

The hydrogen from the destroyed ice spike detonates into flame. Vega engineers air movement to create a gust of sudden wind, and moves the electrons of atoms in the way to render the air frictionless... The end result is that flame flies forward from where the ice spike was, surrounds the ice energy shockwave, and EXPLODES the hydrogen around it. The ice energy is enveloped entirely in flame.

Vega alters the friction of the ground beneath him and slides forward and to the left, to avoid the advancing explosion. Between the heat and the cold, he can't tell whether or not he destroyed the ice energy, but he feels sure that this should have done it.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 01:17:57 AM »

"Note to self, indestructible globe less fun than intended.. Should've gone with the original idea. Kinda liked the idea of having it surrounded by several lasers."

Speedy laughs for a second.. "Just kidding though.. It would sure make a damn fine hazard, but then this'd be easy. Just blow up the walls and then keep flying myself, I suppose."

And right after talking, he starts running towards Vega again, his katana stretched out in his right arm, this time with no obvious jokes. 'Hydrogen explosion. Cute.'

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 05:21:07 PM »

Vega turns his head around sharply as Speedy speaks, and smirks. "I doubt it's really THAT indestructible." He twists around and starts running perpendicular to Speedy's approaching path, and springs into a midair roll... He comes over, touches the ground with his hand, and REPELS from it hard, tossing him up into the air about 200 metres... And brings a handprint-shaped block of the wall with him. The hull isn't breached, however... Just weakened there.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 06:16:09 PM »

"Really? I suppose your specific ability may make it slightly easier for you.. but the outside of the globe is made from the same material as my katana.. Though I'll be honest, the first few meters are just a steel and concrete mix. I mean, when you're blowing things up, you expect shrapnel."

Speedy jumps up, basically flying directly at his opponent, holding his katana closer to him this time.

"Also, if it's really electrons you're controlling.. then there's no way you can do anything with this sword."

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

Vega reaches the apex of his jump (seemingly) and begins to fall back down towards the "ground" he launched from... "Really? Why's that?"

He waves his hand and several monomolecular handprint-shaped sheets of the wall material split off... Sharp enough to cut through literally anything that isn't shielded. They angle up and start flying, pointy-end first, at Speedy.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »

"This sword was made to amplify my energy. It cannot be found on metal detectors nor is it magnetic."

Speedy avoids the first few sheets, but brings his katana down on the others, effectively cutting through it.

"It can cut through diamond, and never be dulled. The few materials it cannot cut through.. will not damage this blade. It merely clashes. This katana, the ONE sword that I've not made myself.."

Speedy turns around for a second, and slices with the sword, sending a shockwave towards the sheets that are cut as they are hit, right after Speedy turns back.

"A weapon which very existance.. should be impossible for technological standards. Limiter Release. Let's go."

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 12:43:28 PM »

Vega's fall arcs wide- wider than it should, really, but then, he's repelling himself towards a side "wall"- and he lands in a roll. Then he kicks and starts running the other way, away from Speedy, to the opposite side of the dome.

sh*t. Must be magic. Solidified extraplanar energy, nonmaterial, no atoms,  no electrical bonds... Unless he's bluffing, and it really is made of matter and just shielded from magnetic tampering... Held together by gravity, maybe? Or by strong nuclear force? That'd explain it being able to hold on to energy so well, as long as the energy was negatively charged...

He keeps running, firing off the whole block of the wall from his hand at Speedy.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »

"You have no clue how long I've been trying to decipher this thing. If only to replicate it."

Speedy stops in the air- while he was actually just slowing down his jump earlier, now that his limits are released he is in fact flying.

"Now then, I wonder.." The katana shows obvious signs of sparks again, but the energy seems alot wilder. "Let's see if you can stop this."

Convinced that the enormous force behind this electricity should be nigh impossible for his opponent to control, Speedy slashes at his opponent, only to have a HUGE electric shockwave fly at it at high speed.

((A note to my opponent, with huge I mean it's like twice as long and thick as the katana is. And the size of the katana is just like a 'common' katana.))

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »

The way of balance... The way of unstoppability... Subtle! Subtle! It approaches the formless...

Vega stops and turns, sensing the shockwave coming- How could he NOT notice it? It's a colossal clump of blue-shifted electrons slinging themselves into already electrically saturated valence levels of oxygen, coming STRAIGHT TOWARDS HIM- and considers his options almost in bullet time.

It's theoretically within his power to catch it. Or to grab it, turn it around, and hurl it. But the way the electrons are flying, all clumped together, trying to repel from each other or at least bleed off out of the path it's following but failing to- literally RESISTING entropy- suggests an enormous amount of control is being applied to it. Clumsily. Can he BREAK that control? Probably, with focus and effort... But why?

Let him think he's stronger.

Vega twists his arms inward, and there is a ZAP as a thin bolt of lightning shoots from him to the ground and up to the shockwave, ionizing its path and giving it a path to follow- Speedy's control could make it move OFF that path, but if it didn't, the lightning would naturally follow the path of least resistance. In firing off this bolt, Vega negatively ionizes a few outer layers of skin, and positively ionizes his hair, causing it to stand straight up, and his spine and legs. He leaps straight forward into the shockwave... His negatively-charged skin should repel the electricity, but if it doesn't, his positive ionization should allow him to absorb enough to get through it safely.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 04:55:55 AM »

'He's stronger than he looks. His ability to move each electron seperately.. I would expect it to take alot of energy, but it seemingly doesn't... Huh?'

Sensing the thin bolt, and immediately afterwards the seeing of said bolt, Speedy felt it necessary to halt the shockwave in mid-air.

'Something is up. That thin bolt seems to be.. far too weak to stop my shockwave? Why bother putting it in front of it's path.. By now he should've realized I could simply move it out of the way..'

Sensing something else right after his thought.. though not quite sure what it was.. Speedy shattered the shockwave, blowing it apart in small electrical fragments... and revealing his opponent's state and location.

"I knew it. You're fighting smart.. your ability over these electrons.. I believe they may actually stretch farther than you've mentioned. I must say I'm having a hard time believing it, but relying on electricity only will have me lose this match."

Despite that he had been floating in mid-air this entire time, Speedy now starting falling towards his last gravital point, and as he came near to the 'floor' he twisted his body to land perfectly.

"I may have an idea." 'But attempting to overpower him will be useless. If his ability doesn't take energy, it must be innate, something he can do in his sleep. Perhaps heriditary.'

<br />
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: