NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 22, 2014, 11:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena 7 - Space Station (Bracket Two)  (Read 5651 times)
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2010, 02:01:31 PM »

Argh, that stupid knife. Time to see just how strong it is.

Aeldritch took a deep breath and focused himself. He could fire off most spells fairly easily, but upper tier ones took great focus and willpower.

"Greater Disintegrate."

A beam issued forth from Aeldritch's finger towards the trench knife with enough destructive power to turn a dragon to ash.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »

A beam lances past Hyp3rB14d3, streaking toward the trench knife.  However, being a disintegration spell, the beam itself thins as it enters the range of its anti-magic.  By the time it collides with the knife, the spell with enough force to turn a dragon to ash has been reduced a spell capable of little more than knocking the knife further away.

Hyp3rB14d3 pursues the knife.  He's getting far more of a benefit from magic than I am, and he knows it.  That's why he's trying to keep the knife away from me.  As Hyp3rB14d3 gets closer to the knife, he feels his transformation fail, and the pain of his wounds that had been suppressed by it return.  Grunting, he flaps harder.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2010, 05:12:33 AM »

The crack of gunfire rings out, and the floating knife is knocked further away. Aedritch kneels nearly motionlessly as he keeps his rifle trained on the area around Hyperblade and the knife.

As expected, the ray lost potency on hitting it. I didn't expect it to lose quite so much, but I'm pleased to note that it also was not completely nullified. I should perform more thorough tests at a later date.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »

[OOC]Sorry about taking so long to respond.  I was having trouble remembering what was in the bag Hyp3rB14d3 had with him, then I was unable to reliably access the internet.[/OOC]

Hyp3rB14d3 watches the knife float away faster.  Okay, I've got to do something about him.  The knife isn't going anywhere.  ...Well, yes it is, but I can just retrieve it later.  However, it's clear that Aeldritch isn't going to let me just go get it.  Hyp3rB14d3 releases his sword and reaches into his bag, withdrawing a large, black cloak, which he spreads out in the space between himself and his opponent, concealing himself from view.  The cloak then suddenly accelerates toward Aeldritch, Hyp3rB14d3 close behind it.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »

(OOC: Considering how long it took me, you don't have anything to apologize for.)

Aeldritch fires several more shots in rapid succession as the cloak comes out, but as soon as his view is obstructed he realizes he needs to change tactics. He mutters something under his breath and suddenly the air is filled with horrble cackling that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere, enough to cause a man's grip on his sanity to loosen.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 01:15:28 AM »

Hyp3rB14d3 has fought many battles, against men, monsters, demons, dragons, and demigods.  He has been slain and revived more times than he cares to count, and has found himself fighting at the edge of death just as many times.  He has been beaten, poisoned, burned, and once even turned into a goldfish.  Laughter alone will do little to what remains of his sanity, regardless of how horrific it may be.  The cloak continues its approach unabaited.

As the cloak nears Aeldritch, Hyp3rB14d3 suddenly emerges from behind it, his hand buried in his bag.  The cloak continues to drift forward, slowing slightly, but not yet coming to a stop.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:15:52 AM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 03:19:07 AM »

Tasha's Hideous Laughter is not something that most people can just shrug off like that. He is impressive in his own way. He makes himself so easy to underestimate, but he is far more powerful than he lets on.

He mutters under his breath once again and the laughter stops, followed by what would seem like a painful high-pitched whine. If Hyperblade's ears were keen enough to hear through the sonic attack, he would also hear growling...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:37:04 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 04:20:09 AM »

As the sonic attack echoes throughout the station, Hyp3rB14d3 winces, his eyes shifting red as the whine momentarily breaks his concentration.  Abandoning his attempts at concealing his transformed state, Hyp3rB14d3 pulls out a handful of shuriken, which he lets loose in his opponent's general direction.  Just as the bladed projectiles leave Hyp3rB14d3's hand, his sword abruptly stabs through the cloak toward Aeldritch's rebreather.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »

There is a small yelp, then a loud growl as a set of teeth firmly gripped the blade. At that point it would be difficult to miss the almost massive wolf standing guard over Aeldritch. The shuriken had embedded themselves in his white fur and small trickles of blood stained his otherwise pure coat. It didn't take long for him to swat the annoyances out with his hind leg.

"I wouldn't make him any angrier if I were you," said Aeldritch in his understated tone.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »

Abruptly, the sword pulls back toward the cloak.  However, being trapped between the wolf's teeth, the sword doesn't move.  Instead, the cloak moves forward, and in an instant, enshrouds the wolf's head.  With the other side exposed, the blood tendrils that had been manipulating it are now clearly visible, and are now working to bind the the cloak tightly around the wolf's head, keeping it over the wolf's eyes and nose in particular.  From the mass of blood tendrils, a single tendril suddenly extends toward Aeldritch, its end formed into a blade.  Only to suddenly swing down and stab the wolf instead. 

Hyp3rB14d3 begins digging through his pack once again.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »

"Don't forget about me."

Aeldritch drew his pistols and fired the remaining few shots of each clip, then reloaded, taking advantage of Hyper's change in focus.

The wolf, meanwhile, is stabbed  by the blood blade, and the crimson stain that results tells of the hit. Rather than show any sign of weakening, however, the large wolf's growls intensify. His entire coat begins to turn a dark crimson and he becomes even larger. He swipes at the cloak around his head with a massive clawed paw and tears it to shreds. With his head fully exposed, one could see his eyes glowing with an otherworldly red light. The wolf's teeth began leaving marks in the sword.

"I did warn you. You aren't the only creature out there with blood-related abilities."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »

As Aeldritch fires at him, Hyp3rB14d3 flaps hard, flying behind the wolf for cover, but not before taking a few hits.  Fortunately, all of them made contact only with his armor.  Well, I was going to try to get it to turn on him, but it looks like that's not going to happen.  I wonder if he's controlling it?  ...I'd better just kill the beast.

As the wolf claws at the cloak wrapped around its head, the cloak itself shreds, but the tendrils binding its mouth shut do not.  And as the wolf grows, the tendrils don't, their grip around the beast's maw tightening.  Then, one tendril snaps.  In an instant, it whips toward the wolf's eyes, ends formed into sharp barbs.

Launching himself forward, Hyp3rB14d3 forms a blood blade from his destroyed forearm, keeping his intact hand inside the bag and his wings raised for defense.  "You do realize killing monsters is my specialty, right?"  Hyp3rB14d3 stabs at the giant wolf's torso with his blood blade.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »

Aeldritch points his left hand pistol as if to shoot at Hyperblade, then changes the angle just slightly to fire at the blood tendril near the wolf's face. The resulting ice freezes the blood solid, and the wolf's mighty jaws easily shatter it. Since the wolf isn't actually being tied down in any way, he is able to dodge the larger 'blade' with relative ease, leaping back to a position at Aeldritch's side.

Aeldritch shrugs.

"You ask that as if it should be obvious. My knowledge of your personal life does not extend beyond the archive of the fights that you have participated in. Likewise, you should not presume too much about me."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2010, 04:50:15 PM »

[OOC]Is the wolf blind now, or what?  You never mentioned the tendril that was whipping toward the wolf's eyes.[/OOC]

Of course, since there are several tendrils on the wolf's head, freezing and breaking one fails to unmuzzle the wolf.  Hyp3rB14d3 watches with some amusement as the wolf leaps back in a zero-g environment.  The result being it sending itself flying backwards through the air.

With the wolf out of the way, Hyp3rB14d3 flaps hard, launching himself toward Aeldritch.  From his bag, he draws yet another cloak, this one white, which he throws between himself and Aeldritch.  As the cloak spreads out, a lump appears in the middle of it, followed by an explosion of flame that ignites said cloak.  Followed by a very large, humanoid lump appearing in the center of said flaming cloak, causing it to abruptly accelerate toward him.  If Aeldritch manages to tear his attention from the cloak, he might notice the blood tendril quickly extending from the wolf toward the back of his neck.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »

(OOC: I tried to get ahold of you for quite some time and couldn't. I'm just going to have to do my best in writing this post or risk running out of time.)

The ice had spread throughout the entirety of the blood - the potency of the drop of white dragon's blood was usually not enough to freeze over an entire foe, but it was more than enough to render the blood on the large wolf inert. Since the wolf had jumped almost horizontally, he was able to catch himself by dragging his massive claws against the floor instead of blasting off Team Rocket-style. He was notably surprised by the lack of gravity and was made temporarily dizzy.

Meanwhile, Aeldritch was kept busy by the humanoid-shaped flaming meteor. It took him a moment to realize that he did not exactly have a counter prepared for such an occasion and decided to move out of the way as quickly as possible.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: