NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
April 16, 2014, 08:53:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
collapse
Affiliates:
None, currently.
BECOME AN AFFILIATE!

home
comics
projects
neorpz
fiction
music
collection
goodies
links

Sub-sites:
Hosted sites:
  • None, currently.
Need hosting?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena 7 - Space Station (Bracket Two)  (Read 4884 times)
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 12:28:43 AM »

One more shot is fired from the rifle. The bullet cleanly impacts the sphere, exploding rather impressively on impact. Aeldritch immedately gets to his feet and shoulders the rifle, sprinting away from his previous location and up a wall. Clearly he has adjusted to the gravity-free environment and is using it to his advantage.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 01:02:12 AM »

As the bullet hits the sphere, it explodes in a cloud of rapidly expanding smoke.  Digging through his pack, Hyp3rB14d3 withdraws two more identical spheres, which, after pressing the buttons, he lets fly far to the left and right of where he'd seen Aeldritch, then flies into the smoke cloud.  With a grin, he begins digging through his pack once again.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:04:21 AM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »

"Smoke? That's all it was?"

Aeldritch's voice took on an almost disappointed tone. Reaching into his pack, he produced a pair of goggles and put them on. Tuning a small dial, the goggles provided a much clearer (and greener) view through the smoke. Aeldritch then unshouldered his rifle and put it in the pack before allowing a small orb of fire to appear in his hand.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 02:59:59 AM »

Aeldritch's goggles reveal something rather alarming: Hyp3rB14d3 is now wearing a gas mask.

In response to the sound of Aeldritch's voice, Hyp3rB14d3 looks up.  There, huh?  Drawing his sword, Hyp3rB14d3 pulls the fourth trigger, sucking a large amount smoke and the paralyzing gas mixed in with it, then lunges toward his opponent.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 03:23:06 AM »

Aeldritch coughs a bit, and feels a slight pain in his joints.

"Ah, so there is more to it than that. Very good."

He quickly retrieves a rebreather from his pack and puts it on, making him look like something out of Borderlands. Seeing Hyperblade lunge toward him, he launches the small ball at his opponent's face.

With any luck, he'll think this is just a fireball.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 03:59:56 AM »

Hyp3rB14d3 sees the smoke in front of him suddenly light up.  Flapping hard and twisting himself in midair, Hyp3rB14d3 narrowly manages to avoid the projectile, which he only afterwards recognizes as a fireball.  He can see me, and he's clearly not paralyzed.  So that didn't work.  Reaching into his sack, Hyp3rB14d3 withdraws yet another identical sphere, presses the button, and throws it in the direction the fireball came from.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »

Bizarre. Why would he bother dodging? Unless...he couldn't see what it was. Interesting.

The ball suddenly erupts into brightly colored pyrotechnics and Aeldritch one again sprints off to another area, crouching behind a wall.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 08:43:04 AM »

As the sphere Hyp3rB14d3 threw impacts a wall, it detonates, sending shards of shrapnel flying in all directions.  A blast that Hyp3rB14d3 had been fully expecting, and was thus shielding the weak points in his armor from.  The blast from behind him, however, was a surprise.  While not doing too much damage due to a combination of his armor and the distance it was from him when it went off, the blast does manage to propel Hyp3rB14d3 forward at a rather high speed. 

As he crashes into the very spot his bomb had hit just a second before, Hyp3rB14d3 grunts.  Looking around, he fails to spot Aeldritch.  Yeah, he's definitely not paralyzed.  Since he's using incendiary explosives, he's not tracking me via heat signature.  Grr... this smoke is helping him more than me.  Hmm... I believe they said this was a space station.  That would imply that there's a vacuum outside.  Taking a deep breath, Hyp3rB14d3 pulls the fifth trigger on his sword and stabs it into the wall.  Immediately, his sword is sucked out through the hole, and a powerful vacuum begins to empty the room of air.  Oh crap!  Bad idea!

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 01:08:08 AM »

"What the hell do you think you're DOING?!"

Aeldritch drops his pack and takes off in a sprint toward the hole in the space station.

"Get out of the way!"

Aeldritch shoves Hyperblade aside, hard, using a strong repulse "spell" for good measure. Not that he wasn't strong - he just feared that the vaccuum was stronger.

"Now for THIS."

Aeldritch places his hands on either side of the hole, giving thanks that it wasn't any bigger than it was. The metal hull began to superheat at Aeldritch's touch, then began to melt, then run together, then fuse. Aeldritch's coat ignited as his entire body became hot enough to melt titanium alloy. Finally, the hole was "patched," and Aeldritch's coat was completely irrecoverable.

"Ruined," sighed Aeldritch, shedding the scraps and revealing the magnificent multicolored dragonscale armor underneath. "Twice in a row. One wonders why I bother."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:10:00 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 02:18:41 AM »

As Aeldritch shoved him backwards, Hyp3rB14d3 couldn't help but grin.  This plan is working a lot better than I thought it would.  While his opponent worked to repair the hull, Hyp3rB14d3 dug through his pack, withdrawing yet another sphere identical to the ones before.  Flapping hard to keep from being sucked back toward Aeldritch, Hyp3rB14d3 presses the button on the sphere and prepares to pitch it at Aeldritch the instant the repairs are finished.  But then he takes notice of a pack being sucked toward the hole.  Adjusting his aim, Hyp3rB14d3 lobs the incendiary impact explosive at the pack.  Before the explosive even reaches Aedritch's pack, Hyp3rB14d3 begins digging through his own once again.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:43:19 AM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »

When the smoke clears, the pack isn't even scratched.

"Did you really think I'm that stupid?"

Aeldritch doesn't raise his voice at all. He appears to be more or less unrattled. He walks over to his pack and removes a shotgun.

"No one would just deprive their own environment of oxygen without a reason." He arches an eyebrow at Hyperblade. "I hope."

Cocking the shotgun, he aims it at Hyperblade.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »

[OOC]Modified my previous post to fix a tag.  Hyp3rB14d3 was only supposed to think one line, as opposed to everything after the first sentence in the post.[/OOC]

"Yes," Hyp3rB14d3 replies bluntly.  Great.  He's got a bomb-proof pack.  On the plus side, he's not hiding anymore.  Time to go kill him.  Hyp3rB14d3 casually folds his armored wings in front of himself, then begins digging through his pack with his other hand.  Withdrawing yet another sphere from the pack, Hyp3rB14d3 presses the button throws it at the ground near Aeldritch's feet, all the while keeping his other hand within the pack.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »

Aeldritch smiles thinly.

"Then the advantage is mine."

Aeldritch drops to one knee and fires both barrels at once, causing him to move backwards out of the way of the device. He expertly juggles geometrics and physics in his mind and adjusts the pressure with the boot touching the "ground" to control the slide backwards that the recoil creates. He pushes off to the side as his momentum slows and ducks beneath a console.

This is amazing, thinks Aeldritch to himself as he replaces the used ammunition and cocks the shotgun again. The lack of gravity was disorienting at first, but now that I'm able to use it to my advantage, there are so many possibilities.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »

As the device is a flash bomb, simply moving backwards utterly fails to place Aeldritch out of its range.  The instant it collides with the ground, it detonates, and a blinding flash fills the station.  

The bullets from Aeldritch's shotgun ricochet off of Hyp3rB14d3's armor, doing little more than move him backwards.  Hyp3rB14d3 withdraws the anti-magic coated trench knife from the pack, removes its sheath, and flaps his wings downward, launching himself upward.  He then launches himself at Aeldritch, anti-magic coated trench knife at the ready.  Here's hoping those are nightvision goggles and not some sort of radar device.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:16:41 AM »

I wonder if he seriously thinks that any kind of flash grenade is going to work on me right now, or if this is just another ruse. He likes to play with deception and underhanded tricks, so I can't assume anything is what meets the eye.

As Hyperblade propels himself at Aeldritch, all of the shot pellets still floating around suddenly glow red-hot - before detonating like a tiny minefield. Aeldritch, ever the pragmatist, prepared for the possibility his attack would fail entirely and unsheathed his longsword.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:50:01 AM by Hawkye » Logged

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: