NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
April 17, 2014, 04:50:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
collapse
Affiliates:
None, currently.
BECOME AN AFFILIATE!

home
comics
projects
neorpz
fiction
music
collection
goodies
links

Sub-sites:
Hosted sites:
  • None, currently.
Need hosting?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random funfact moment  (Read 857 times)
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« on: March 10, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »

AKA the moment where Speedy is tired of having things unposted and thus decides to make a completely unrelated topic about it.

In this topic, I'll put in some random funfacts about the RPs and the characters participating in them. Ofcourse, you're also allowed to dump any amount of tidbits.

To start off, I'm letting you know not 1, not 2, but 3 tidbits about a certain character.

And cause I suck, it'll be about TWO characters, too!

Random funfacts you never wanted to know read before about Speedy:
  • Speedy's technological knowledge wasn't just learned during his years. Considering his current age, that'd be impossible. It is in fact because of the period in which he was a robot that he gained so much knowledge. After all.. knowledge is far more easily transferred as data.
  • Speedy is in fact a NICKNAME. Whoo large suprise there.. Well, maybe not, considering the RP character is supposed to 'reflect' the real life me. But did anyone ever catch his real name? No?
  • Then perhaps you should go and look who Speedy.exe and Turbo.exe's netop is. Yeah. They're one and the same guy. Who else but Speedy could pull off the things he has done for Navi's? The same guy who made a pocket dimension?

Things I've never really said about Turbo:
  • Turbo is horribly naive. The years of experience as Thief made him able to hide it very easily, and once he recognizes someone as an enemy, he wont easily place trust in said enemy.
  • On that note.. Turbo has a psychblock. It's his unique anatomy that allows him to use it. He.. doesn't actually realize it though. He, as well as several doctors and psychiatrists on his planet, believe that he has some kind of unknown disease. He's unable to be harmed by telekinesis.. basically any form of mind energy manipulation has no use on him. As long as he realizes he's in such a grasp, his psychblock will activate instantly. This basically disallows him to properly receive or send telepathic messages, as he believes he is unable to and thus he cannot. This also shows a bit of his naive side. As long as Turbo doesn't realize it, telekinetic forces actually work on him.. and until he realizes it he's just in awe at how strong an enemy is in being able to do it.
    Ahh, if Turbo could properly use this technique, he could strongly put this in his advantage, as the psychblock always gives off a feeling to Turbo whenever something is blocked. He basically senses telepathic messaging this way...
  • And, lastly.. without a wall of text.. I'm just going to blandly say it. One of Turbo's parents is NOT an inhabitant of his planet, but rather a normal human from earth. The two lifeforms are quite alike, with only minor differences... hence why Turbo doesn't exactly stand out whenever he visits Speedy.

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »

My turn.

Hyp3rB14d3 isn't a human, but a false-human: a creature that was magically shaped into a human-like form while retaining some nonhuman traits.  This is something he's well aware of.  What he doesn't realize, however, is that he was never human to begin with, and that he was implanted with false memories when he was turned into a false-human that led him to believe he was originally human.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »

Turbo is based on the Thief class of Ragnarok. This is also his first appearance ever.

After the Ragnarok server I was on went down, he was quickly adapted to the realm of RP and given a less careful background.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 12:57:54 AM »

Some stuff you never knew about Hawkye:

• Hawkye's name originated as his player's callsign in the game Wing Commander.
  • Hawkye was originally called "Professor M" until his player came up with the aforementioned callsign.
  • Hawkye's sword is made of a substance called "Hawkium." All attempts at analyzing this substance have failed. The sword appears to be completely impervious to damage.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »

You should put in some stuff about Deety.

Anyways, on to more stuff.

Hyperblade
  • Hyperblade first appeared in a sprite comic I used to make.
  • Hyperblade's weapons are a buster and a beam sword.  However, he can also copy enemy abilities.
  • Over time, Hyperblade changed into Hyp3rB14d3.  However, during this time, I stopped working on my comic.  By the time Hyp3rB14d3 actually came into use as an RP character, he had undergone so many revisions that there was little recognizable between the two besides their names.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »

The most hidden kept facts about Speedy! (Though SOME could be guessed. I suppose.) Also, the history of Speedy basically.

-The player's nickname Speedy came from a children's show. Very popular in Japan under the name of 'Kyattou Ninden Teyandee', it received slighty less but stilla lot attention in the rest of the world under 'Samurai Pizza Cats'. This name has also been in use for well over 12 years now. (Hence the romanji version I'm using lately, 'Suppeedi'.. my nick's OLD. O_o;..)

-The very first use of the name of 'Speedy' outside of a chatroom was in the game Furcadia. I didn't care that it was cats and dogs or whatever anthropologic character, I just thought it was a cool game in which I could walk around and talk to other people. My first roleplaying EVER took place there, and in a certain 'Dream' (a level made by the players) there was a script that allowed you to battle based on levels, and allowed you to name your own abilities. (P.S. despite the fact my nickname came from a robotic cat, I've always had a rat as my avatar in this game.)

-It was at this point that I started using electricity based moves.. I've always had a lot of imagination, so I invented moves like the 'Thunder Wave', or 'Thunder Beam'.. mind you, this is long before I KNEW about Chrono Trigger, even longer before I knew about Pokémon.. and despite my playing of Megaman, I had the Gameboy games and I was young. I never did quite knew about Elecman, even if I had beaten him several times before.

-This all eventually changed when I made my way to the internet even more, finding online comics, and my fandom of Chrono Trigger at this time had allowed me to expand my moveset with at least a sword. (Again, I didn't take ANYTHING from the original source aside from the name!) At this point I got to know about spriting and comicing and RP-ing in an IRC setting... at Bob and George's RP channel. Some of my 'weaker' moves originate from these RPs, and I found myself balancing my character after making him too overpowered.. Yeah. I was a beginner.

-Considering my creativity, I soon made my own sprite.. recoloring Quickman. I decided it didn't fit me, so I grabbed Megaman. Yeah. Rookie mistake, but back then it was 'okay'. I soon adjusted this green megaman sprite to have a similar V from Quickman, since I thought that was cool. This was definately the moment where my RP character was first defined. I actually had a huge bio back then, with pictures and everything, but it got lost in my several transfers between different sitehosts.

-It was also around this time that I ventured into #Captain_N. I was still into sprite comics, so soon after finding BnG I also found Captain N, and read it with alot of joy. My once-a-week status of visiting BnG soon became a 7-days-a-week status of visiting CN, and I met Hawkye there, and once more started RP-ing, defining more aspects of Speedy. His technological background at this point had been decided, but the elementalist state wasn't quite there.

-This soon changed after roleplaying a few times on Robotropolis Forums, from Strider's Mega Man Domain. Neither site exist anymore. (though there's 9-bit Productions now!) I soon created the 'Online Holographic Battle Imaging', or 'OHBI' for short. A disaster born to happen, this is the true basic of my RP experience. By this time, I had defined my character to the state he is now (although now he has more aspects due to the fact it's like 10 years furthur) and met Trey.. who I soon started RP-ing with actively.

-After RF's RP section vanished.. I had decided to make my own. At this time, I had found my way to the MegaMan EXE Board, or MMEXEB for short. I liked the games, and I liked their forum.. It was at this time I created the original 'Role Playing Zone' (I played Sonic Advance 3 at the time, and had my entire site in an 'Zone' status.. made it more fun, I thought.) It was at this point I started RP-ing with .exe characters, though that's a different story altogether. The original character 'Speedy' had at this point become.. slightly obsolete, but I never quite abandoned him. Fortunately, since when Hawkye returned, I obviously needed him.

-I do realize I'm skipping an entire forum. Some RPing happened there, but it was never quite the same. There's also Kaze's ninja school, but meh.

....Eh.. This changed from random funfact to a whole backstory. Meh. Tongue

<br />
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:33 AM »

Annoying extra funfact:

I've been juggling colorcodes for quite a while, so I'm going to state it ONCE AND FOR ALL (if only to make it easier for myself as well.)

Limited: Color = Green
Unlimited: Color = #00BB00
Hero Mode: Color = #00FF00

The steps will from now on simply have the same color as Hero Mode, no need to change that. If for some reason I'm doing an RP in the 'past' and using the Marks, they'll simply have the same color as Unlimited.

<br />
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: