NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 18, 2014, 02:42:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Danger Zone  (Read 4089 times)
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:03:26 AM »

"Nell is 'briefed' about everything relevant to my absence...there's probably nothing you could tell her that would surprise her. That being said, keep everything about that to yourself...no one else knows."

"Agreed, best to keep that knowledge on a need-to-know basis...even if there's something I don't yet know, I'm sure its for a good reason." Nell finished leading the group to a pair of double doors. She slid a card key through and a lock clicked open. "We're here."

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »

"Aww, man.. Oh well." Speedy hung his head in defeat.

He actually wanted to ask if Nell had experienced the wars multiple times for her own feeling, or had known about a advisor named SPDY, but figured it might not be a good idea after what Hawkye said.

It's a shame too.. he finally came into a world he actually finished all the modern parts of.. and Hawkye's the only one getting the credits. But.. well, it's okay.

He didn't expect her to know him anyway. It's been a long time since AW1, and AWDoR would be the last he played- and even that has been months. Also, he had never been in the videolands- let alone venture to Advance Wars and meet everyone.

Despite that, he's here now, and he's planning on making it last in his memory. "Let's go, then."

He activated his armor, as it gave him a bit more a feeling of security, and knowing he who was going to meet in a few seconds.. it seemed like a really good idea at the moment. He glanced over to Nell to see if she was suprised, but she didn't seem to be. Nor bothered by it, really... fortunately enough.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:42:37 AM by Speedy » Logged

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 03:41:14 PM »

Z5i31 is physically incapable of crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes, but it is clear from his sudden movement that he is attempting to. He floats foward off the desk to follow the others, but never takes his gaze off of Hawkye. No Fate... His question was immediately disregarded and forgotten, as soon as he could ask it. Even Speedy was too awestruck at being in a gameworld like this to follow up on it.

... But, then... Well, Z5 remembers the first time bob was ever taken to a gameworld he recognised. For Z5 it wasn't any big deal... Every atom of his being told him that he belonged right there, in every game world he was a part of. But for bob, it was a weird sensation halfway between insanity and enlightenment...The idea that a world like this could be solid and real, follow rules and allow life.

So... that explains Speedy. And Hyp3rB14d3 (at whom Z5 shoots an angry glance for again mispronouncing his name) would likely be undergoing the same thing... And then there's Hawkye.

Z5 doesn't take his penetrating gaze off of him. "Hawkye," he says without going any further. Almost like Z5's checking if he's still here.

-----------

Radd seems to be returning to his old self as he walks through the hallways of a real gameworld. He's been out of reality for a while now, but his sea legs haven't disappeared.

"So what's with these Black Hole guys? I mean, I caught the whole color-coded-army thing, but- what's their deal? Why do they want that portal?" It's clear that Radd has never been in this world.

Now you're playing with power!
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »

Hawkye noticed the "expression" on the bot's face. Though Zeefive's face was not technichally capable of much expression, Hawkye knew his friend well enough to tell that he was pouting. Hawkye placed a hand on his shoulder.

<Don't worry...your question will be answered soon enough.>

Zeefive was one of the few people Hawkye was willing to speak to telepathically - a trust that was built on many things, but the foundation definitely lay in the games of "Ol' Janx Spirit" they used to play.

"So what's with these Black Hole guys? I mean, I caught the whole color-coded-army thing, but- what's their deal? Why do they want that portal?"

Nell's grip on the door handle tightened visibly. "We don't know. At first I thought they might be using it as a means to travel to other worlds, but they're not sending any troops. Not yet, anyway. There's obviously another reason...and we don't know what it is." Nell looked gravely at the group. "Remember, the people in here don't know about the outside world, and they have limited information on the portal. I'd like to keep it that way, at least for now."

With a deep breath, Nell opened the door to the Briefing Room.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »

Z5 shakes his head. "Operational security, yeah? Trust me, it's written into my OS."

Radd in turn mimes zipping his mouth shut. He then gives a thumbs-up. "As far as everyone else is concerned, you can say I'm just here to carch some heat rays off of you, babe."

Z5i31 twitches a little. Then he nods. He ponders Hawkye's answer... But beyond all else, he still trusts him. He replies back with a quick telepathic "PING", about the most he can muster, but Hawkye would recognise it as acceptance. Telepathic receiving was important in Giygas' army. Sending... not so much.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »

Nell just smirks and shakes her head as the door opens all the way. As she steps in, she motions for the group to stay at the door entrance.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen: we've just gotten some very unexpected reinforcements. If this doesn't boost morale, I don't know what will. Come on in, gentlemen."

As Hawkye leads the party into the room, there is an immediate commotion. People's reactions range from leaping our of their seat to meet him to wide-eyed stares to looks of total disbelief. The first to make it to Hawkye was a trio of men. One was a young man, a boy, really, wearing a tool belt. One was a large, muscular man in a tank top, and the last was a tall, thin man with a holster belt and a duster jacket.

"Advisor Hawkye! I can't believe it's really you!" The young man was unable to restrain himself and threw his arms around him. "I was afraid you'd been..."

"You should have seen Andy when they announced you were M.I.A.," said the larger man. "He cried for hours."

"Hey, I did not! Besides, you did too!"

"Um, hey, anyway, it looks like Grit here's happy to see you too. I haven't seen him grin like that since the war started."

"Aw shucks, Max...can't a fella be pleased to see an old friend? It's good to see ya, Hawkye." he glanced over at where a large bearded man was sitting and staring at them. "Olaf's not gonna show it to ya outwardly, but he's glad yer back too. I can tell. Well, Maxie, Junior, I think we aughta give ol' Hawkye some breathin' room. I'm sure he's gonna need it. While we're at it, why don't we talk to these fellas over here? These friends a' yers, Hawk?"

Hawkye grinned and nodded and left them to talk as he scanned the room. Just about every CO he had ever heard about was there, and he intended to talk to them all...but what surprised him was the delegation associated with Black Hole. He could just barely make them out from where he was standing, but there appeared to be four of them. He began to make his way over to them.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 01:30:21 AM »

Speedy's face nearly beamed as he saw Andy, Max and Grit coming at him- but they had eyes for Hawkye only. 'I guess it truly depends on if you've actually been here or not..'

He too looked around the room. Who were all there? There were so many COs, he had trouble correctly recognizing them. His blind enthousiasm for actually being in Advance Wars may've something to do with it as well.

He had hoped to meet Sami and Eagle, but wasn't sure if he saw them.. 'I'm probably just overlooking them.. What with Hawkye here, no doubt they'll end up here anyway.'

When he noticed Hawkye walking off from the group, Speedy immediately saw his destination.. and was suprised by the fact of WHO were there. "..I guess we're going to be taking our time here. Be it because of Hawkye and meeting old friends.. or me and ACTUALLY meeting 'old' friends."

He thought of shaking hands with pretty much everyone.. but.. Speedy kept his eyes on Hawkye. Despite his enthousiasm, he had the nagging feeling something was wrong.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »

A hand tapped Speedy on the shoulder.

"Hey...are you Speedy? Hawkye used to talk a lot about you back in the day. A lot of us would like to meet you, so why don't you stop looking so gloomy and start introducing yourself?"

Max, Grit and Andy had made their way over, and Max had wasted no time in bluntly stating what was on his mind.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:30 PM »

"Eh?" He turned his head away from looking at Hawkye's direction as he heard Max speak up behind him. "Well, yeah, I'm Speedy."

He turned his whole body, as to correctly face the trio. "Wait.. what DID Hawkye say about me?.. Did he tell you about how awesome I think your indirect attacking is, especially under the effects of your Super CO? Or how awesome it is to pound someone into the floor with YOUR direct attacking skills? Or how great you were with your balanced tactics, and that healing your units, even from the verge of defeat, could turn the tides?" He looked into the eyes of the three COs as he spoke to them.

"If he did, he couldn't be more correct."

<br />
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 05:43:47 PM »

"Uh...Speedy, I don't think we should talk about the mechanics of you-know-what until we've confirmed that it actually works the same way in this world," Hyp3rB14d3 whispers from behind.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:45:21 PM by Hyp3rB14d3 » Logged

Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »

Z5i31 shakes his head to Hyps. "No, it usually works out that what you see in the games, they see inside them." He says this quietly enough that only Hyps can hear him, and then floats forward into the room proper, looking around. Lot of people here. People whose sprites he recognises. They don't recognise him, of course... But that's acceptable. He scans the room... Mostly, everyone's just glad to see Hawkye back. Still, he can sense an air of tension among the people here... This war is bigger than they thought it would be. Maybe bigger than any they've been in.

Radd, on the other hand, is completely unaware of this. He walks into the room and just sorta stands to one side, looking around at the things on the walls and peoples' rank insignia, so on. He seems pretty chill about it all.

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »

As Hawkye approached the delegation from Black Hole, he began to see the individuals more clearly. The large man who was obviously the leader stood up, while an equally large but brutish man looked on passively. A young gothic-looking girl pouted, and finally a tall, gaunt man looked nervous and made a hissing sound, as sure sign that he was uncomfortable.

“Hawkye.”

“Hawke.”

After an almost unbearable silence, the two shook hands. This caused the gaunt individual to lose his composure. “Hawke, what are you doing?!”

Hawke simply closed his eyes, and the brute spoke up. “I don’t see what the big deal is.”

“Don’t you get it, Flak? This person was responsible for our defeat in the First War, and probably instrumental in our successive defeats!”

Finally Hawke spoke. “Adder. You are embarrassing me. Do you remember what you said on the day I eliminated Sturm?”

“I said…I follow the strong.”

“Do you wish to change your position? If so, you may leave.”

“Hssss…no, Lord Hawke.” The man resigned himself to hissing quietly at the floor.

“Still, this is majorly boring,” the girl piped up suddenly. “Why are we helping the goody-goodies anyway, Hawke?"

“Lash. We aren’t helping them for their sake and they know it,” responded Hawke, looking pointedly at Hawkye. “We’re helping them in order to help ourselves. As much of a threat to the world the Bolt Guard was, this threat is even greater. There is no sense in conquering the world if there is nothing left to rule.”

“I guess,” said Lash, though she didn’t seem much happier about it.

“Hawkye. I am…gratified that you have come to lend your support. If your friends are anywhere as skilled as you are, we may have a chance.”

“I’m glad to see you too, Hawke. Out of all of Black Hole’s COs, you’re the only one who appeared to have a sense of honor.”

“...”

“Hawkye!” Nell had apparently made her way over next to them at some point. “The briefing is about to begin.  If you would come with me, please.”

Hawkye nodded and began walking towards the podium.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

"I see," Hyp3rB14d3 replies.  Hearing Hawkye's exchange with Hawke, Hyp3rB14d3 walks over to Hawkye.  "Is it wise to insult those we are choosing to ally ourselves with?" he asks quietly.  "Especially considering that they were apparently your enemies to begin with?"

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »

Hawkye tried to hide a smirk. "We didn't choose to ally with them, it was the other way around. Besides, Hawke's not insulted, he's just stoic. I'll talk to you later, I apparently have to get to the podium."

"Come on, pal. Looks like the meetings about to start," Max indicated to Speedy.

"I'll see y'all after the briefing," said Grit, heading back to the Blue Moon area.

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

-

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

"..This had better explain something."

Despite that Max said 'come on', Speedy went his own way, and stood against the wall opposite of the podium. He looked straight at Hawkye, following his every movement.

'I do wonder.. Hawkye.. What the proceedings will hold. You couldn't have known the Advance Wars world would be inside this thing.. so how can you already have a project waiting..?...'

<br />
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: