NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
July 23, 2014, 10:55:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
collapse
Affiliates:
None, currently.
BECOME AN AFFILIATE!

home
comics
projects
neorpz
fiction
music
collection
goodies
links

Sub-sites:
Hosted sites:
  • None, currently.
Need hosting?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Legion OOC (Vampires and Werewolves)  (Read 2267 times)
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« on: January 17, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »

Vampires, werewolves are pretty standard fantasy fare. It seems to me that the setting and mythology lends itself well to RPing, so I submit to you members of RPZ that we attempt a 'creatures of the night' themed RP.
It would be pretty open ended and easy to enter (at least, compared to my complex story threads x_X). And there are, obviously, still variations to consider, but if we were able to RP under one set of rules, I think it would work pretty well.
So, would anyone be interested in this? Takes part in this? Or maybe you have a strict aversion to vampires?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:48:49 AM by ArmadonRK » Logged

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 04:54:40 PM »

This sounds pretty fun, assuming we could get enough people playing (or simply have everyone RPing multiple characters).  Maybe everyone could RP as a werewolf, a vampire, and a human!  And humans could be turned (or eaten).

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »

There's a lot of variety in what characters can be in that kind of RP. Lone vampire hunter, or werewolf slayer. A member of a troupe of hunters or fighters. A good vampire, an evil vampire. A werewolf enslaved by vampires, a rogue wolf, or a member of a pack. Someone born a wolf/vampire, or someone turned. A human who knows nothing of vampires and werewolves, or one who worships them.

I've started writing a kind of 'first post'/prologue for such a thread, but I like I said, it's a really open theme, so it would be nice to see what comes to mind when you guys think of vampires and werewolves.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »

What about the humans who HUNT vampires and werewolves?

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »

Speaking of vampire hunting, it's interesting to note that one of Hawkye's only two "real" kills was a vampire. Not that he'd be particularly inclined to kill one again, this happened when I was much younger (MUCH younger, I hadn't built the DTD yet, or even my pistols) and my "no-kill" rule wasn't really in place yet.

Ah well. The vampire's death wasn't even permanent. In fact, as far as I could tell, he didn't even hold a grudge in spirit form. Go figure.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

What about the humans who HUNT vampires and werewolves?

Lone vampire hunter, or werewolf slayer. A member of a troupe of hunters or fighters.

Covered. Smiley

So, allow me to open my thinking to you all. I'm working with a modern backdrop, pretty much the world we live in today, where vampires and werewolves are known as myths to most. They can live anywhere, typically alone or in small groups in populated areas. Some are murderous fiends, and some are decent people.
There are, of course, vampire and werewolf hunters. Some are puritanical in their cause, killing every half-human they meet, while others differentiate between the good and evil, the harmful and the harmless.
So basically, you're free to be anyone anywhere in this world, to choose a side, or not have any allegiances.

I have taken some liberties with the vampire and werewolf mythology in what I've come up with so far. For example, my vampires are nocturnal but not specifically hurt by the sunlight. They don't fear the cross nor consecrated ground nor holy water. And while they heal very quickly, and can take a great deal of punishment before falling, they are still half-human, and there are more ways to kill them than just a stake through the heart.
My werewolves are a bit more traditional, although I've written them as more beast than myth, and silver is not a specific weakness of theirs.

I think that too many dark creatures would complicate the premise, so I submit that we have no ghosts or witches or magic in the RP (at least, not at first Wink ), but that's just a suggestion.

Let me know what you all think, if there's anything you dislike or think would work better. I'm hoping that this can become an open discussion of the mythology we work with as the RP comes to life.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 07:24:36 AM »

I told you already, you got the freedom, man.

I dont really like playing as a creature, so I'll most likely be a human hunter. Tongue

...though, maybe.. if the plan is that people and creatures DIE eventuelly, it might be an idea to get more than one character in there.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

I actually want input though. If I end up writing the premise for this all by myself, it's guaranteed to end up too complicated and painfull story-driven.

The prologue/first post is already quite long, but it does what it's supposed to. Introduces the [my] characters and shows the world they live in, sets up the scenario and establishes the rules quite well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:23:13 PM by ArmadonRK » Logged

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »

Maybe if you post here what you already have, that we can give a bit constructive input.

Without anything to add input to, it's kind of impossible..

<br />
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »

Thanks to Speedy for setting up the subforum for this RP, which you can find here:

http://speedy.stennmedia.com/neorpz/index.php/board,20.0.html

Now complete with an RP thread!

Please read the rules, and if you have any suggestions/complaints/comments or anything else, post them here.

If you want to get right into the fray, then hop over to the thread 'Nightfall' and get your bearings. The short story that serves as the thread's prologue is really an introduction to the world of the RP, establishing all the nuances of vampire and werewolf lore that I've chosen to run with, as well as those I have decided against. It may seem a bit long, but that's because it's chock full of details, laying out almost everything you need to know about the world of Legion.

As I said before, you can have your character(s) be anyone, from anywhere, but I would recommend that you have your character(s) already in London, or all set to arrive there in three days (the day after tomorrow), since that's the night before the full moon, and when things will start to get interesting.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 12:00:35 PM by ArmadonRK » Logged

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:13:27 AM »

By the way, Hawkye, I really like your post. It's well structured, and the first person narrative is a nice touch. Very 'Dracula'! Smiley

Note: I revisited and changed Valerie's family name to be more culturally accurate. That is all.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 06:57:08 AM by ArmadonRK » Logged

Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

Hey, thanks. When it started coming together in my head, it was the only way that made sense. The idea started with the "how could I not" part and I expanded from there.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »

While anyone's free to join at any time, I've left an opening my latest post for a logical entry of any new characters. So, if Hawkye or Speedy want to bring in someone new, but this is aimed mainly at Hyper and Tris, I hope you guys join us. Smiley

Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:27:43 PM »

Are we allowed to be bakeneko?

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 09:36:02 AM »

See, my rules are always missing something.

I'm going to have to say no to the bakeneko. While it seems like an interesting creature, I want to keep our supernatural inhabitants down to werewolves and vampires. A) for simplicity in the RP, B) for mythology purposes.
If you're looking specifically for a catlike creature, I'd suggest you consider vampires. If you take a look in Nightfall, you'll see what I mean.

It seems I have a change or two to make to the rules.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: