NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
August 21, 2014, 06:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zac's Market Place: Opening a shop  (Read 650 times)
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« on: November 29, 2008, 05:41:02 AM »

Lately, there hasn't been a whole lot of activity in the Zac's Market Place subforum.  We need something to bring more activity to it.

I've recently considered having Hyp3rB14d3 open an RP weapons shop.  The reasoning behind this is as follows: Hyp3rB14d3 has no source of income in the Crossroads universe.  In the world where he's from, he makes his money by getting paid to kill monsters off.  Here, however, Hawkye tends to handle most of the universe's problems.  As such, Hyp3rB14d3 would need a new source of income.  After all, why pay someone to kill a monster when someone else will do it for free, and probably do a better job of it.  Selling weapons would be one of the first attempts at finding a new source of income he would take.

So, can I do it?

Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:44:46 AM »

While a good idea, your reason is kind of flawed. The Crossroads isn't a universe it inself, but rather a special sort of pocket dimension. It links the standard universes (mine & Hawkye's, Armadon's, yours) with the special ones. (Megaman EXE, any other we might end up with)

While you've ENDED UP in our dimensions, rather than staying in your own, each RP should in the end have an (unspoken) effect that will make you end up right back in your own dimension.

So while I'd say, go right ahead in starting a shop, it might get you some additional funds.. but you're technically still hanging around in your own dimension.

Which actually brings me to the question: When are you gonna start an RP in your dimension? Tongue

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:48:56 AM »

Considering that there's actually a message board separate from this one that actually serves as Hyp3rB14d3's home "dimension"?  Probably not at all.  If I do, however, I'll probably try to drag it through the crossroads to a different world as soon as possible. 

The RP reason for this is because in Hyp3rB14d3's dimension, there is a worldwide organization that keeps track of anything considered unusual, and if Speedy, Hawkye, or Trey showed up there, they would likely either try to recruit them, or kill them.  And considering that they not only have an orbital death laser, but also have misused it on several occasions (including one disastrous attempt to cut a sandwich in a particularly flashy manner), and that Hyp3rB14d3 doesn't have any control over who and what they shoot with it, Hyp3rB14d3 would probably try to keep Hawkye, Speedy, and Trey away for the sake of preventing them from being discovered by his lunatic bosses. 

The real life reason for this is that it is on a separate message board, and that Hyp3rB14d3 is too low in the ranks of the organization to do anything, which would mean that I'd need to use someone else's character.  And I doubt their owner(s) would appreciate it.  Now if I were to manage to convince some of the people from the other message board to post on this message board, this might be a different story, but as things are...

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »

Wait, wait, orbital death laser?

So uh, why izzat supposed ta scare us into not coming? Tongue

Well, anyway, I already gave you the yes on opening your store, so go ahead. I doubt Zac minds with him, y'know, not being here.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 06:07:14 PM »

Any attempt from Organization XYZ to kill any of us would be...hilarious. That being said, I try to steer clear of drama, so I try to steer clear of ion cannon abusing maniacs by default.

In any case, sure you can open up a shop. You can continue your mercenary work too...I may be good, but I can't be everywhere at once.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »

Anyway, I was talking to Zac for a bit, actually pointing out he's broken his promise to post a bit twice, and he's saying he's too busy with work and college.

Well, we all understand, right.. just wish he'd have posted THAT dangit. >_>; So well, he apparantly wishes you luck with it, and says he MIGHT be back after this semester.

Also, as a way to 'stay in the loop' so to speak, he says he's giving me weapons to give to Hyper to sell. I hope that's alright with ya, Hyp? Anyway, expect a PM within a min, he's already given me a 'first gift' for you.

<br />
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »

I'd be interested in taking a gander at the site that is your home dimension, honestly. Smiley

Aside from that, get your profile finished! I wanna know how the story ends!

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Hyp3rB14d3
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 09:59:46 PM »

Alright.  I'll accept the weapon, and open a new topic in Zac's Market Place in a little bit.  Thanks, Speedy.  And give Zac my thanks for the weapon design.

Armadon, I'll try to update the origin story weekly, but just so you know, I have been working on it for over a month.  It's probably not going to end any time soon.

Hyp3rB14d3's "home dimension" is the RP world of the CRFH message boards (there's a link to them in my sig).  To get an idea of what it's like, here is a link to the field guide for it, and here is a link to the profiles of several of the characters that inhabit that world.

However, just to set the record straight, Hyp3rB14d3's home dimension is just the world he lives at.  His dimension of origin, which is the one that the origin story takes place in, is a different place.

ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. There isn't a cohesive origin story to be found for any of my characters, anywhere. Cheesy

Thanks for the links as wellm I'll be checking them out soon.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: