NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 01, 2014, 06:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: NeoRPZ Crossroads Tournament  (Read 2047 times)
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »

You see this? This is ME taking action. I changed the first post with the new results and everything.

Armadon, we're basically just waiting for you now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post. Or otherwise I'll just vote these as wins for Hawk and myself and perhaps boot you from the tournament?

I dont know alright. Sad

I should've put a time restriction like RIGHT THERE, but I hate restrictions. But then stuff like this happens.

Anyway, yeah.

Comments or ideas on how to continue this, PLEASE. MAybe I should just cancel this and start a new thing with the currently active people? I dunno. Sad
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 08:06:34 PM by Speedy » Logged

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 08:38:25 PM »

Maybe you should just open up new fights for those tat are free. I think a Hawkye vs. Zeefive match would be HILARIOUS kinds of fun.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 03:27:29 AM »

Trey, I just sent you the url to this thread.

If you dont reply within the week, you'll lose both fights you're in and forfeit the rest of the tournament.

It's been taking far too long.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 03:12:53 AM »

I had intended to post and wrap up the tournament threads this week, for my part, but I'm going to have to forfeit instead. Sorry guys.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 06:23:02 AM »

I'm not entirely satisfied in ending it this way, but so be it.

Scores and topics will be changed in a short while, reflecting this change.

Since we now have 4 groups remaining, it sorts out better, but.. this forfeit sort of messes up the scores.

But to.. well, attempt to make it a tad more fair, I'm handing out a single point to each group negatively affected by this. This means Hawkye, myself.. but also Z5, because the rotation schedule I had planned is now no longer in action and thus he can never have a compensating second fight.

This reason is also why I gave myself TWO points- I'm ALSO affected by having no second fight. If you look at the scores though, this makes the most sense- technically, Turbo and Aeldritch are both given a single point for a 'tie'. Team Speedy and Team Trismegustis are both given a single point for missing a fight.

If there were 4 ties, that means 4 teams were all given a single point twice. That's 8 points total.
Say there were 4 wins, that means two or more teams were given 2 points per win. That's STILL 8 points total.
Any and all combination of ties, wins and losses will still end up with the total of 8 points given out.
As it is now, the totals are exactly 8 points.

I hope this is agreeable by all parties.. if not, please do leave a message.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:30:58 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »

As far as I understand this solution, it's quite fully acceptable to me. Raring to go for round 2!

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »

Which reminds me, few new rules in play.. I'll add them to the first post later on.

1. A month of no activity is the definite maximum. We were nearing the YEAR with round one, and that's unacceptable. Whoever takes a month to post, loses. Period. 10 page maximum is still there, not going to decrease that. (*expects epic fights*) Also, note a month means.. eh.. 2 Feb to 2 March, for example. Even if February has less than 30/31 days, i'm not counting days i'm talking about SPECIFICALLY a month later.

2. Arenas open tomorrow. What time? I dont know, but I'm doing it as I wake up. (This is probably around 11 AM GMT+1.. 3 AM for you people living on Hawk's timezone, 5 AM for the EST people... mind you, this is an estimate, I could still wake up later.)

3. Remember, you cannot fight the same people again. If you wish to fight the same team again, you're both going to have to use the alternate fighter. Read the first post rules for exceptions.

4. ALSO NOTE.. that while the arena's may open up for posting tomorrow- the fights start next week. The first action is expected within a month of the arena's description. This is more than enough time, and I reassure you I'll remind each and every other team when it begins. Wink

Add:

Remember this rule?
When two roleplayers face each other for the second time, the characters fighting may NOT be the same, unless agreed on by both roleplayers.

Even then only one of the players may have his or her first character. In the case of one player having only one character, the other has to switch.
I'm scratching the approval thing. It's more fun and interesting if you end up with people you already fought. You're still forced to use the alternate character if you already fought the guy before, but scratch approval.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:18:51 PM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: