NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 02, 2014, 11:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NeoRPZ Crossroads Tournament  (Read 2057 times)
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »

Well, that's not necessarily true, Hawkye is "godlike", but he gets by just fine because he keeps his power in check a bit.

A lot.

Okay, a whole lot. But the point is, it's possible to play an "overpowered" character without annihilating your opponent on the first hit.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »

Terra? Gee, I wonder how that's going to turn out.. She'd be the first girl in the list.

But seriously, why not Trey ArmadonRK or one of the other RKs?

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 04:31:39 AM »

The Riven-Knights aren't a competitive family, it's really not in their nature to partake in combat for less than life-and-death reasons. Now the Knights however would participate in a tournament just to do something as siblings, since they don't get to spend much time together, what with her getting married, and him saving the universe from evil. Well, both of them saving the universe from evil.

Still, I've never RPed with Meg or Tony so it might be an interesting thing to try out.
I've got hundreds of characters tied into this one story (maybe not hundreds, but over a hundred definitely) so I've pretty much got a nice range of skill and power levels to choose from. Rather than stifling a powerful character, it's easier to use one who is in a competitive range of ability and just fight at their full potential. Gives me more room to be creative rather than worrying about which abilities they shouldn't be using.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 04:39:17 AM »

Seriously, ARK, when you one day have enough time, MAKE A BOOK. X_X

Find an artist who'll draw your characters the way you like them, then go sell the book(s).

Find a good publisher or heck stick to lulu.com.. The world needs to know about your long tied story. XD

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
ArmadonRK
Global Moderator
Members

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 04:49:01 AM »

That's why I have all these characters and stories. I am writing a book. A series in fact. I've been working on it for about 8 years now.

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat upon it, his name was Death, and Hell followed with him."
     "You really believe that's what he is?"
     "The last of four, with command over the earth and power that only Death could ever possess? Yes. I do."
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »

Okay people, what with how I set this tournament up, 5 competitors could work out...

I had hoped there'd be more sign-ups, but what with nearly nobody posting and some people even cancelling their previous account, I'm almost positive this is the most we can get.

I do hope Zac'll be back by the time I correctly start this, but I think it's time I set an end date on the registrations. I hereby assign that end date to be the 25th. On a Sunday.

A week later, the 1st of the next month, I hope I can correctly start the tournament.

<br />
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 03:13:01 AM »

This is gonna be a small tournament...  Only four competitors, since Zac never came back.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 06:06:13 AM »

Yeah, 'tis bugging me too.. Oh well..

Any specific requests regarding rules?

<br />
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

My week got awfully wasted, so I'll just have to start a little rash as opposed to typed out... so here goes..

I will begin with giving everybody a little free choice. 4 areas will be put up, as I planned. However.. as opposed to telling everybody where to go.. I'm giving you free passes to choosing where to fight.

You MAY select two arenas, and ofcourse you may choose where to start your battle.
If you're the second person to join an arena, NOTE that you MAY NOT join an arena if the 1st person is someone you're already fighting with...

Sorry if it's a little vague and abrupt, but I seriously had no time to do this better. >_>;;

ALSO! Note that each arena has a round and bracket number. If you've joined a first bracket arena, you cant join another first bracket arena.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:13:43 AM by Speedy » Logged

<br />
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 11:58:31 AM »

DOH! I owned myself. X_X

I forgot to add ArmadonRK to the list and take off Zac.. meaning I kept thinking there were only 4 players.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do this specifically with a 5th, but I'll manage. Either way, two players are going to play with just one character as opposed to two.. or well, one.

I'll just make it, uhm, go around, y'know. People who post with two characters before others will have first right, but next rounds I'll specifically point at people 'hay you cant fight in two brackets'.. >_>;

I call myself to fight in only one, considering I made the mistake, AND I kind of told myself to not sh*t around and go last anyway.. Depending on how fast Armadon or Trismegustis post two characters or Hyperblade a second character, one of these three will be stuck with only one this round- but will go with two the next. Wink

<br />
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »

First points chalked up, as the fight in the 4th arena, between Hawkye and Hyperblade, has finished.

Team Hawkye receives 2 points for winning,
Team Hyp3rB14d3 gets nothing for giving up.

Current scores:
Team Hawkye - 2 (1 fight)
Team Hyp3rB14d3 - 0 (1 fight)
Team Speedy - 0 (0 fight)
Team ArmadonRK - 0 (0 fight)
Team Trismegustis - 0 (0 fight)

<br />
Hyp3rB14d3
He who goes without sleep until insanity comes to claim his soul...
ChronoEtheric Villager
Members

In someone else's dreams. Screaming and on fire.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »

Oy.  There needs to be a time limit on how long one can wait between posts.  If the limit is exceeded, the last person who posted in the topic wins the fight.  That way we don't go weeks between posts.

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

I know it can get annoying at times, the waiting.. but the true reason behind this first tournament, is to see how any other RPs could eventually get their rules.

I can indeed inform you that any next tournaments hosted by me WILL have a timelimit.

In fact, I might just put it in Round 2 and above- but let us just be calm and wait for this round, okay?

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »

Just a quick note here: Having not entered in any battles with the secondary Z5i31 unit, R67a (and having full knowledge that their fighting styles would be exactly the same, except for the fact that R-double-six-y has bazookas), I'd like to change my second fighter to:

2. Vega (A high-powered mutant with control of negatively-charged subatomic particles, such as electrons and antiprotons.)

And I'll try to see if'n I can speed up my posting a little for all y'all.

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »

Okaydoh. Considering your 2nd character hasn't participated yet, it's now officially changed. Wink

<br />
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: