NeoRPZ Neo RPZ
The New Role Playing Zone
September 17, 2014, 12:32:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Home' now redirects to the Portal, and 'Forum' redirects to.. well, the forum.

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Navi Tournament Sign-Ups  (Read 1135 times)
Speedy
Now, also in 'Suppeedi' flavor!
Administrator
Members

2011.. Yeah I got nothing.

« on: January 14, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »

I'll be holding a navi tournament, of which rules and specifics will follow later on.. Expect an email in, oh, a minute after this post.

No fancy stuff like I was planning last time but simple battle.

No, I wont join myself, as both 'Speedy.exe' and 'Turbo.exe' are going to judge the battles.. Well, one is. The other will be caged up so he wont mess up the fights. Tongue

Well, whoever's in for this tournament, just leave your name here, I guess. Wink

Spoiler for Billy vs Snakeman:
<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
DarkStriderHiryu
Staff Member
Members

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »

*Signs up kaze* there we're all set

H,Kaze:I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself...you may call me Harbringer..now this is the time where you get to die..."
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »

I welcome Kaze into the tournament.

One day later.

A proposition for a rule: Time.

Since we've all been stuck at some point in battles, they could either take too long or there's too much posts with merely chatter.

My idea was to set a maximum at around 5 PAGES full (that's 5x15 posts) but I'm still overthinking this idea. Perhaps raising or lowering the maximum or perhaps not including the rule at all.

Also- I'll be making the brackets with a number setting. You wont know who you battle until it begins. You will know your number from a sent PM.
Although you cannot check this, I ensure you that randomizing the numbers will be completely honest and not set up.
I thought this might add suspense as you simply dont know who you'll end up against. Even if the brackets would be 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, etc.. It could still mean 1 is pitted up against 5, instead of 1 vs 3 or 4 (would those whoever's 1 and 5 win.)

This is going to be an all-RPZ member tournament. Everybody who joins it will have a say in the rules. So any ideas for rules? Go ahead.

<br />
<br />\"Machines aren’t capable of evil… Humans make them that way.\"<br />\"If I die one day, I want to be remembered as more than just a statistic.\"
Hawkye
Commander of The ETOUB
Global Moderator
Members

I'm the guy who shakes your hand after I beat you.

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:16:40 PM »

I'm not one to back down from a challenge. Sign me up, bro.

If dragons actually wept diamonds, the value of diamond would drop to nothing."

~ Hawkye L. Narasumas
-

-

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
-
Kitto Wasurenai - Never Forget
R.I.P. Webster S. Swenson "N-Finity" 1984-2007

Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 02:26:34 PM »

I welcome Hawkye to the tournament.

5 days later.

This tournament (along with the recent resurrections of some [now-finished] topics) were supposed to get the board a little bit active.

Despite that, most in-active members stayed inactive.

Some have good reasons, others, I do not know.

For now, it is only Hawkye and Kaze, but my wish is to get at least half this board in the tournament. Granted, that's still only 6 people.. but still 4 more as are signed up now.

If you absolutely cannot join this tournament for important reasons, state them here. It will show that despite that you cannot (or simply dont want to) join the tournament, you still try to be an active member.

Be an active member.

<br />
Trismegustis
Members

CRAZY AWESOME!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »

Who feels like a revival of this old partially dead idea?

Tron.EXE's in if anyone else is.

Now you're playing with power!
Speedy
Administrator
Members

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:13:57 AM »

Ah, I have plans for a new tournament, this one should've been locked..

Here's a quick hint at the next tournament: You wont need a navi, yet you can use one. Tongue

<br />
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: